• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Shakespearean. My all-time favourite. It gets better as time goes on and the bits with the psychiatrist do improve. The Wire is very good but 9.5 as against 10.
    So far the best bits for me have been stories involving Christopher - he's one loose cannon. Also like the Pussy - FBI relationship. The mother is a bit grating - hopefully that character will soon be dropping off her perch.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time. Currently on the last ep of season 2.

Probably the most critically acclaimed boxset ever - and it's almost living up to expectations.

Just bored of the bits with the psychiatrist. I'm guessing she's a feature of the whole series though...
      What are you watching it on?
      I have wanted to watch Sopranos but its not on Netflix/Prime

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
        Paid for it on Amazon Prime. £14 per season SD, £24 HD.

Comment

Dark - really enjoyed the two seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
            It was (and may still be) available on NowTV Entertainment Pass.

You can get 2 months Entertainment Pass at Argos (and likely elsewhere) when buying the NowTV Smart Stick for £14.99, otherwise it's £7.99/month cancel anytime.

You get 7 days free trial though so technically it's feasible to watch all 86 episodes (about 50 minutes length each) in that period if you're keen and tight.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Paid for it on Amazon Prime. £14 per season SD, £24 HD.
              You can buy the complete series on blu-ray for under £50 inc delivery. Watch as many times as you like for no additional cost. Streaming services really do make a killing with the idiot tax.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So far the best bits for me have been stories involving Christopher - he's one loose cannon. Also like the Pussy - FBI relationship. The mother is a bit grating - hopefully that character will soon be dropping off her perch.
                Superb stuff ahead!
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  You can buy the complete series on blu-ray for under £50 inc delivery. Watch as many times as you like for no additional cost. Streaming services really do make a killing with the idiot tax.
                  DVD is £39.99. Arriving tomorrow;-)

Comment

It's been said before:

Narcos season 1 - great
                    Narcos season 2 - great
                    Narcos season 3 - good

El Chapo - hmmm. Had to give it up after 3 episodes. Well made enough but no plot / plot mixed up / not explained.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                      It's been said before:

Narcos season 1 - great
                      Narcos season 2 - great
                      Narcos season 3 - good

El Chapo - hmmm. Had to give it up after 3 episodes. Well made enough but no plot / plot mixed up / not explained.
                      Yep, struggled to halfway through season 2 and gave up. Just seemed to be a different sh!tfight every episode. Pretty one dimensional.

Narcos Mexico was best of the lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X