• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Treadstone on Amazon Prime.

Two episodes in. Script a little leaden, but it has potential. Not much like the films, so it could be watched without needing the earlier back-story.
    Bailed out half-way through episode 3. Script is just awful in places; really cringe-worthy.

Happily, I could start series four of The Expanse. One episode in and it's holding up well to the previous series.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Bailed out half-way through episode 3. Script is just awful in places; really cringe-worthy.

Happily, I could start series four of The Expanse. One episode in and it's holding up well to the previous series.
      The thing I remember about the series 4 is that there is a lot of chess piece movements to get things ready for season 5 and beyond.

Thankfully Jeff Bezos loves the series so I expect we will get all the books made.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

watching "october faction" on netflix
        its a good one

Comment

Black mirror on Netflix, i heard its good.
          Not sure if that already been mentioned or not...

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Mindhunter - well meaning but just unbelievably dull. Gave up after 5 episodes.
            I loved that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I loved that.
              Me too.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Picard on Amazon Prime.

I almost gave up after the first 15 minutes because of the abysmal overuse of 70's-like prosthetics, but stayed with it through the first two episodes. It has promise and I'll stick with it for now. Roll on next Friday and episode 3.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I noticed in episode 2 that the Irish Romulan lady said 'data' in the American English way ('da-ta') where Data himself is always pronounced the proper English way ('day-ta').

Didn't know the Irish used American English or is it the Romulan norm?

That's the highlight of the episode for me.
                  Last edited by Hobosapien; 1 February 2020, 13:23. Reason: Getting my vulcan and romulan mixed up, as you do, if not some trekkie superfan.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Loving Picard at the moment
                    Just started watching Locke and Key as well.
                    A bit weird but interesting enough to keep me watching.
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Finished
                      Ozark season 3
                      Fauda season 3

Both great. Fauda was gripping action.

Comment

Working...
                      X