• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I noticed in episode 2 that the Irish Romulan lady said 'data' in the American English way ('da-ta') where Data himself is always pronounced the proper English way ('day-ta').

Didn't know the Irish used American English or is it the Romulan norm?

That's the highlight of the episode for me.
    I find Irish people use both data (rhyming vaguely with barter) and day-ta. The former is probably a more accurate classical Latin pronunciation but it doesn't really matter.

I have one colleague who insists on saying meeta-dayta, which really really does matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I find Irish people use both data (rhyming vaguely with barter) and day-ta. The former is probably a more accurate classical Latin pronunciation but it doesn't really matter.

I have one colleague who insists on saying meeta-dayta, which really really does matter.
      By George I think you have something there...

meeta-dayta,does matter.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        By George I think you have something there...

meeta-dayta,does matter.
        The trouble is, he works in the field of metadata, so he says it a lot. Possibly I am being a little unreasonable...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The trouble is, he works in the field of metadata, so he says it a lot. Possibly I am being a little unreasonable...

Its a BS Bingo phrase, if you can get him to say Straaateeegise as well you will romp home!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Its a BS Bingo phrase, if you can get him to say Straaateeegise as well you will romp home!
            With lockdown, it's easy enough to avoid people.

Comment

Been watching Wistings on iPlayer, now on to Cardinal.
              (sorry, don't have Netflix/Prime)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Homecoming season 1 on Amazon Prime.

Pretty bland and lifeless stuff, and not even Julia Roberts can lift it above mediocre. There's a second season with a different cast, but I can't face it.

Last edited by wattaj; 3 July 2020, 08:49. Reason: Speillng.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Homecoming season 1 on Amazon Prime.

Pretty bland and lifeless stuff, and not even Julia Roberts can brighten lift it above mediocre. There's a second season with a different cast, but I can't face it.

It had great potential, definitely failed to deliver.

Comment

If you're into watching extreme sports and jaw dropping backdrops, I strongly recommend Magnetic on Netflix.

It's a kind of Innermost Limits of Pure Fun for our age with spectacular sequences of guys (and gals) tube riding some of the biggest waves in the world to one hell of a stoked soundtrack.

And the action doesn't end there - it takes us on a virtual Parker Knoll tour of the world's best extreme athletes doing their thing from taking on the most insane ski lines in the Himalayas to thrill seekers plunging down rocky ravines in the Southern Alps within inches of their lives whilst suspended from a glorified Peter Powell kite.

You really do have to see this - it's pure eye candy.
                    Last edited by Excursion UK; 3 July 2020, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                      If you're into watching extreme sports and jaw dropping backdrops, I strongly recommend Magnetic on Netflix.

It's a kind of Innermost Limits of Pure Fun for our age with spectacular sequences of guys (and gals) tube riding some of the biggest waves in the world to one hell of a stoked soundtrack.

And the action doesn't end there - it takes us on a virtual Parker Knoll tour of the world's best extreme athletes doing their thing from taking on the most insane ski lines in the Himalayas to thrill seekers plunging down rocky ravines in the Southern Alps within inches of their lives whilst suspended from a glorified Peter Powell kite.

You really do have to see this - it's pure eye candy.
                      Inneresting.

Comment

Working...
                      X