• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

New thread, hopefully ongoing to recommend or discuss Netflix / Amazon Prime series that have come up.

Just chalked up all 10 episodes of Altered Carbon on Netflix. Basic premise, the soul/mind is transferable and the body a vessel in a Bladerunner type futuristic world. Personally thought it was great and is a recommendation for those who have not seen.

Also recently finished Shannara which as a Terry Brooks fan was good, but not great, but watchable.

Any other views, recommendations on an ongoing basis?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

/thread
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Somebody Feed Phil...(the irony )

Lisbon episode in particular.
      Last edited by Scruff; 6 March 2018, 09:49. Reason: Irony inserted
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Narcos - excellent 3 seasons on Netflix about Pablo Escobar

Comment

"The Americans" - Cold war/80s story about a couple of KGB spies integrated into American society. Very very good IMO

"Revenge" - good to start but get's a bit silly later on

"The Wrong mans"
          - James Corden - I enjoyed it...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
            Narcos - excellent 3 seasons on Netflix about Pablo Escobar
            Excellent 2 seasons about Pablo and then they thought they would milk it even after he died at the end of season 2 and its now cr@p HTHBIDI

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Excellent 2 seasons about Pablo and then they thought they would milk it even after he died at the end of season 2 and its now cr@p HTHBIDI
              Yes fair point - first two seasons were great.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                New thread, hopefully ongoing to recommend or discuss Netflix / Amazon Prime series that have come up.

Just chalked up all 10 episodes of Altered Carbon on Netflix. Basic premise, the soul/mind is transferable and the body a vessel in a Bladerunner type futuristic world. Personally thought it was great and is a recommendation for those who have not seen.

Also recently finished Shannara which as a Terry Brooks fan was good, but not great, but watchable.

Any other views, recommendations on an ongoing basis?
                Didn't like Altered Carbon considering it had a vast budget, no where near as good The Expanse which I highly recommend. Best scifi show for a long time.

American Gods with Lovejoy is ok, season 1 ended for season 2 to really do something good

Comment

Mr Robot was good for season 1 and 2 - loses it a bit in S3

Extant was quite good

Goliath - enjoyed as well
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Just finished watching 'Mind Hunter' on Netflix, that is well worth a watch. Waiting for season 2 now.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X