• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Important legal proceedings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important legal proceedings

Or not...

Finger

Sounds to me like another fine use of public funds.

Don't tell OwlHoot but, before curtains were invented, a similar incident in a cave resulted in the drawing he's trying to decypher.

Anyway, I bet this bloke feels like an arsehole now.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Absolutely - It's vital to try and distract the plebs from anything that actually matters, like Brexit or the rising immigrant crime rate, etc, etc

Why do you think some old guy was recently prosecuted for indecent assault on a teenage boy 60 years ago, when he'd have probably been fined a tenner if he'd been convicted at the time?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Meanwhile, there have still been no successful FGM prosecutions in this country.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

2 in the pink and 1 in the stink....its called the shocker. Steel Panther at their best
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

something don't smell right
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Absolutely - It's vital to try and distract the plebs from anything that actually matters, like Brexit or the rising immigrant crime rate, etc, etc

Why do you think some old guy was recently prosecuted for indecent assault on a teenage boy 60 years ago, when he'd have probably been fined a tenner if he'd been convicted at the time?
              If he'd have been fined a tenner when the event took place, then he'd be given the same sentence today. You always get the punishment according to sentencing guidelines at the time.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

He was going for the Dirty Sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Or not...

Finger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdITFVpAJvM
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    If he'd have been fined a tenner when the event took place, then he'd be given the same sentence today. You always get the punishment according to sentencing guidelines at the time.
                    That's how it's supposed to work, but we'll see. He'll probably get ten years. I mean not that I'm bothered one way or another, that's just his hard luck.

But dredging up cases from that long ago which were considered pretty trivial at the time is just surreal, and so obviously has an ulterior political motive rather than any genuine concern for justice.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X