• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England out of the world cup...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Spy's get killed - what's the story here ?

I'm sure we do exactly the same

If I wanted to get sanctions or actions against Russia - i would

1. Poison a double agent (no accident fire or car crash - poison so everyone knows)

2. Gas some citizens and blame the Russians

Job done, feet up and watch
    Government muppets now blame Russia for the Georgi Markov assassination.
    Why don't they check their facts?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

At least it would save on the build up, bigging up our average players, making out that they are suddenly world class and then failing at the first hurdle when they come a cropper with that tournaments Iceland.

If England were a premiership side they would be Stoke. A team that can turn in a performance every now and then, but one that the big teams can generally turn over.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I think this whole thing is orchestrated to start sabotaging the world cup. If the Russian's wanted this guy dead he'd be dead and in a way that was a lot tidier than this without anyone else being exposed to the substance. This guy got pardoned in 2010 - so why now?

Skripal was pardoned and released from custody in July 2010 as part of a U.S.-Russian-spy swap, which followed the exposure of a ring of Russian sleeper agents in the United States.
        Ex-Russian, MI6 spy Sergei Skripal critical from ‘poisoning’ in Salisbury shopping mall

If Putin is behind this it is a very stupid and unnecessary move - he may be a lot of things but I don't think stupid is one of them.

It's very sloppy and stinks of false flag IMO. We know that the yanks/our top brass don't want the world cup going ahead in Russia this year.

I've been wondering what their next step would be after the FBI-FIFA thing. Why would America's domestic police be so interested in exposing FIFA corruption? Other than the world cup being hosted by Russia this year.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

England should just show a bit of moral backbone and boycott the Tournament.

That is what Scotland did...................makes you proud it does!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            England should just show a bit of moral backbone and boycott the Tournament.

That is what Scotland did...................makes you proud it does!!

and the netherlands, - solidarity old chap, - solidarity

Comment

Harry Kane injured so even more pointless making up the numbers

Comment

England will not go to the World Cup, the press will ramp this up, the government will make noises about wanting to talk to the FA then the team will pull out.

Will there be other countries that follow? I think Poland will do so, then they can pressure Germany and say they are not serious about European security. Germany have like 2 working tanks or something and will feel uncomfortable with the accusations.

Then there are countries with political oppositions that have links with Russian. If Macron thinks he can demonise Le Pen by pulling out then he will do it.

This is the official beginning of a new cold war.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  England will not go to the World Cup, the press will ramp this up, the government will make noises about wanting to talk to the FA then the team will pull out.

Will there be other countries that follow? I think Poland will do so, then they can pressure Germany and say they are not serious about European security. Germany have like 2 working tanks or something and will feel uncomfortable with the accusations.

Then there are countries with political oppositions that have links with Russian. If Macron thinks he can demonise Le Pen by pulling out then he will do it.

I think we can say it's looking more likely now...

@GuidoFawkes
                  15 minutes ago

Russian interviewee on #r4today calls Polish interviewee a "prostitute". Says UK government is behaving like Hitler. Lively.

Comment

It's starting to take shape now:

So what else could the UK do?
                    • Expel senior diplomats, perhaps even the Russian ambassador, and known Russian intelligence agents
                    • Take some sort of action to bar wealthy Russian oligarchs from accessing their mansions and other luxuries in London, as suggested by Tory MP and House of Commons foreign affairs committee chair Tom Tugendhat. One way this could happen is through the use of Unexplained Wealth Orders, which allow government officials to seize assets including property until they have been properly accounted for
                    • A boycott of the Fifa World Cup in Russia later this year by officials and dignitaries - a symbolic move that UK allies are unlikely to emulate
                    • Taking Russian broadcasters such as RT (formerly Russia Today) off the air - broadcasting regulator Ofcom has said it will "consider the implications for RT's broadcast licences" after Mrs May speaks on Wednesday
                    • Pass a British version of the 2012 US Magnitsky act, which punishes Russians involved in corruption and human rights violations with asset freezes and travel bans. It is named after a Russian lawyer who died in custody after revealing alleged fraud by state officials. MPs have been pushing for a Magnitsky amendment to be added to the Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Bill now going through Parliament
                    Spy poisoning: How could the UK retaliate against Russia? - BBC News

As soon as I saw this story emerge I thought world cup sabotage. I did wonder what would be the next move on it after the FBI/FIFA thing went quiet a while ago. So we boycott the world cup and pressure other countries to follow suit.

And watching RT becomes a thought crime.

Looks like Jezza (love him or hate him) is the only one calling for dialogue and de-escalation and anyone opposing escalation of hostilities is a traitor and spy.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

No, just the one at the moment as they're waiting on a quote from Kwikvit on a new head gasket.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X