• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trade fairs part 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade fairs part 2

Childish and done many times before I know, but it was fun grilling security vendors wearing this thing. Only person who questioned it was a usher at the entrance to the caravan fair in the halls next to this god awful endeavour.

Getting onto the terrorism watch list for a bit of fun seems a high price for said fun.

Have you noticed any dodgy characters following you since? High fiving MI5 always goes down well if you confront them. If you used a Saddam Hussein badge they're likely to leave you hanging though.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I do stuff like this in all seriousness - interesting that you mention Sadam Hussein, he is my go to when visiting data centres (looking at you Rackspace).

This stuff happens quite often. I remember a French CIO lighting up a Cigarette next to the diesel tanks for the backup generators at a telco NOC during a saftey briefing. When we did the debrief, staff were too intimidating to say anything to him.

Act like you belong.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        I do stuff like this in all seriousness - interesting that you mention Sadam Hussein, he is my go to when visiting data centres (looking at you Rackspace).

This stuff happens quite often. I remember a French CIO lighting up a Cigarette next to the diesel tanks for the backup generators at a telco NOC during a saftey briefing. When we did the debrief, staff were too intimidating to say anything to him.

Act like you belong.
        What is the problem in lighting up a cigarette near a diesel tank?

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          What is the problem in lighting up a cigarette near a diesel tank?
          Cigarettes give you cancer, that's what's wrong with it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
          X