• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Millenials - What years does it include?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were you the first to discover vinyl/reel to reel tape? Nope, but my first Saturday job was in the record department of a shop where we had the top 30 singles and top 30 albums as records or cassettes.

love/hate relationship with social media? Nope, frustrated by the way it has dumbed down so many people, who will believe anything they are told, then share it, yet get very upset when you point out they fell for a lie.

hard time finding work? Nope, The Wife (tm) always has work for me to do
    Refuse to buy diamonds? Nope, at the last count The Wife (tm) has 84 diamonds on her fingers/wrists that I've bought her.

Hate talking on the phone? Not as bad now that you don't have to sit on a stool under the stairs with a cord on the handset that let you move about 6" from the seat.

Believe there is no reward for loyalty anymore? BA Gold, Marriott platinum, Starwoods Gold, etc

Will opt to never have children? The Wife (tm) and I based our relationship on this (and a love of garlic)

Want a place to live after working 60 hours a week? Invoicing 60 hours a week, maybe. Working them? Nope

Love brunch & avocado toast? Nope, scrambled eggs and bacon please with HP sauce

Poor but on trend? Nope and nope (what is "on trend"?)

Do you constantly seek approval from others? Apart from The Wife (tm), who also provides direction and control

Don't have any work ethic? Yes, work is an unnecessary evil

Don't have much concentration? Sorry, the goldfinches were fighting on the niger seed feeder, what did you say?

Love gin and microbrewery beers? Yes, in the sense that I support my local pub, which has been brewing beer for 30 years and I'm not a fan of fizzy lager.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
      Whereas I was born in '84 and definitely would not consider myself a Millennial
      I think the official cut off is whether you are older or younger than https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Zuckerberg

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Phew, one more of those and I'd have been a millennial, despite being born closer to the Boer War (1899- 1901) than today!

The main reason I'd refuse to buy diamonds (besides not having the spare cash) is that in twenty years it will probably be possible to churn out flawless diamonds the size of gulls eggs anyway, for PC heat sinks among other things.

So as a long-term investment, diamonds, and jewellery generally, are probably pretty useless.

(P.S. I just checked that spelling of "jewellery", because it didn't look quite right, and it turns out Septics spell it "jewelry" )
        Thats pretty irrelevant the diamond market is kept afloat artificially by De Boers or was until recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers

https://www.gemsociety.org/article/a...s-really-rare/

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          I think the official cut off is whether you are older or younger than https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Zuckerberg
          I'm older than Zuckerberg? Damn it

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Phew, one more of those and I'd have been a millennial, despite being born closer to the Boer War (1899- 1901) than today!
            I was born closer to the invention of sliced bread than today.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There isn't a good definition. We looked once and apparently they just decided to remove one of the generations, as well.

It's pretty stupid to say millennials are more stupid than us just because they express themselves differently. Our parents were just the same, as were theirs, in despairing at the younger generation(s). Idiots with long hair listening to rock'n'roll that all sounded the same...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Millenials

I think it is a load of rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I was born closer to the invention of the wheel than today.
                  ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                    I was born in '89 and definitely consider myself to be a millennial

edit: but I have lots of boomer traits
                    -home owner at 24
                    -assume that anyone less successful than me wasn't trying as hard as me
                    -assume that anyone more successful than me had a better upbringing and was better set up in life
                    Yeah but you are a selfish bastard.

Anyway the New York Post says that's your generation so suck it up - https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/you-mi...ew-study-says/
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X