• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV writing companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
    I have been thinking about getting mine reviewed as well. If you do go for it, let us know how it goes.

I was also looking through the posts/links above and found this:

"Your CV probably shows each contract as a 'separate employment'. Re-write your CV showing your limited company as your employer and your contracts as external consultancy assignments (as if you were a 'Big 5' Consultant). This is legally correct and will present you in a more 'suitable' light. "
    Reference Here

Is this how you are meant to write out different contracts? I have always put them down as separate employments.
    I used to do this and changed back because I was sick of explaining to idiot agents that the top level name was my company. Rightly or wrongly, I went for the path of least resistance and tbh, I think my contact rate increased.

Comment

I used a CV writing service maybe 2/3 years back but don't remember the name quite well. They did polish up my CV and it did help me. I would say you can give it a try.

Comment

Working...
      X