• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New EPC rules on rental properties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

I bought a period, listed property a year ago as a BTL

feed it Chocolate for about a week - things will return to normal

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
      So, what band is the property?

What suggestions were made with the current EPC for improving the rating?

Not enough information here.

You have gone into a new business without doing due dilligence?

FFS!
      You're right, I didn't ask anyone "in 2015 did the government set a minimum EPC level for new tenancies?"
      I also didn't ask "in 2019 will I have to provide free bananas to my tenants". I have never seen any reference to this before when reading up on landlording or in passing when reading about BTLs etc online. This is why we use professionals who do know the pitfalls, as knowing the questions to ask is not obvious.

You're just being a pain on purpose

BTW, BTL only refers to the fimance vehicle, i.e. a mortgage granted for the purpose of buying a property to let. Prior to that (and this still applies in many instances) it would have to be done via a commercial mortgage. Commercial Mortgages are NOT BTL. Buying a property for cash with a view to renting out is NOT BTL.

Only Hoover vacum cleaners are Hoovers. Dyson vacum cleaners are Not Hoovers. Henry vacum cleaners are not Hoovers. Understand?
      I mean for the purposes of this thread, who gives a toss? If we're being pedantic, WTF is a "vacum"?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X