• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling House - Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I'd take the 106 and run
    Me too.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

You'd have to run, SM would be chasing you for it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You'd have to run, SM would be chasing you for it.
        Thats a very small house indeed and thats from me living in london!

What will you do with the cash and wy is BTL so hard for you?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          I'd take the 106 and run
          Seriously, nobody ever offers the asking price - its an unwritten convention.

So 106, have a haggle and say you will leave the curtains and lamps for 108 He will come back with 107 or 106.5. Do the deal.

Be prepared for no end of hassle after you have sold it. Get the names of the agents and solicitors up and down your chain. Call them frequently. Also set a date when you want to move, get agreement on that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
            Seriously, nobody ever offers the asking price - its an unwritten convention.

So 106, have a haggle and say you will leave the curtains and lamps for 108 He will come back with 107 or 106.5. Do the deal.
            Say you will take the wall paper and he will come back at 109.5

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              not the best area but not bad?
              Only thing wrong is when you look at the map and see 'Seacroft!'
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Say you will take the wall paper and he will come back at 109.5
                Can't say I would disagree on that point.

Comment

With the market the way it is right now £106k offer on a £110k valuation I’d take it.

To be fair the place isn’t as bad as these guys make out.. Just a couple of walls to paint. I’d have probably done that and cleaned up the garden a bit before putting it on the market though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                    With the market the way it is right now £106k offer on a £110k valuation I’d take it.

To be fair the place isn’t as bad as these guys make out.. Just a couple of walls to paint. I’d have probably done that and cleaned up the garden a bit before putting it on the market though.
                    WHS. Some neutral colours where the wild wallpaper is, some tubs with flowers in the garden, some punter will pay nearer the asking price.

Just make sure you sell before the end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      You'd have to really love the house in order to have such a salubrious address...

Edit: I'd get that wallpaper sorted if you are keen on selling, I've seen nicer looking petri dishes...
                      Last edited by Mordac; 15 March 2018, 18:59.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X