• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling House - Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling House - Advice

Ok, never sold a house before so after some advice (and the tulip that comes with it from you 'orrible lot), three bedroom house in Leeds, not the best area but not bad, PFI have pumped lots of money into the area with new builds which are tiny compared to the old houses, bought it 2001 for £47k, used to rent it out but turned out to be hard work and now just want rid, similar (pristine) houses in the area go for between £117-120K, valuation of my house was £110k as the last tenant left it in state so I only did what was necessary to get it into a position to sell. Went on the market this time last week, getting 1-2 confirmed viewings a day, so happy with that.

Been offered £98k and £102k, rejected out of hand and (the same person) has now offered £106k, I have rejected again as I think after a week I should still be holding out for a much as I can, but given I am talking about less than a couple of weeks billing am I foolish, bird in the hand and all that. I've never sold a house before so not sure if offers are rare or not?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Ok, never sold a house before so after some advice (and the tulip that comes with it from you 'orrible lot), three bedroom house in Leeds, not the best area but not bad, PFI have pumped lots of money into the area with new builds which are tiny compared to the old houses, bought it 2001 for £47k, used to rent it out but turned out to be hard work and now just want rid, similar (pristine) houses in the area go for between £117-120K, valuation of my house was £110k as the last tenant left it in state so I only did what was necessary to get it into a position to sell. Went on the market this time last week, getting 1-2 confirmed viewings a day, so happy with that.

Been offered £98k and £102k, rejected out of hand and (the same person) has now offered £106k, I have rejected again as I think after a week I should still be holding out for a much as I can, but given I am talking about less than a couple of weeks billing am I foolish, bird in the hand and all that. I've never sold a house before so not sure if offers are rare or not?
    PM me. I am looking to buy a house for my daughter in Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Feck me you can buy a house for 100Kish?
      In general in this market if the offer is > 95% of the valuation, I'd say take it.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Feck me you can buy a house for 100Kish?
        In general in this market if the offer is > 95% of the valuation, I'd say take it.
        It's amazing what happens when you leave London and the SE

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Pop a rightmove linky up, go on, you know you want to. We all want to have a nose

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Pop a rightmove linky up, go on, you know you want to. We all want to have a nose
            Property for sale on Stanks Drive, Leeds

Comment

The colours! The patterns!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                ...the garden!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'd take the 106 and run

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    ...the garden!
                    Which is why it's up for £110k not £117k!

Comment

Working...
                    X