• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soon will be able to use Oyster from Heathrow on rail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon will be able to use Oyster from Heathrow on rail

Elizabeth Line fares confirmed ahead of December 2018 launch as £14.8bn Crossrail project wraps up | City A.M.

Heathrow Connect service will soon be transferred to TfL and you'll be able to use your Oyster card on it.

Elizabeth line will also lead to the death of the HEX service, the most expensive per mile rail service in the world IIRC.

Crossrail 'could be delayed until 2021' - BBC News

Soon=2021. I suppose you said you would organize the next CUK meet up "soon". Which appears to be about the same timescale.....

Comment

Apparently Extinction protestors have been masquerading as Crossrail workers for a few years....

Comment

You can now use Oyster on HEX, which is the most expensive way to buy a ticket for that service. Being a Heathrow worker pass holder, I can travel for £5.50 single or £9.75 return, still more expensive than the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Apparently Extinction protestors have been masquerading as Crossrail workers for a few years....
          Isn't Crossrail an F4J operation?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            You can now use Oyster on HEX, which is the most expensive way to buy a ticket for that service. Being a Heathrow worker pass holder, I can travel for £5.50 single or £9.75 return, still more expensive than the tube.
            You gone permie???
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You gone permie???
              Nope! Hence the careful use of "worker" rather than staff. Everyone on site has to have an ID badge and everyone with an ID badge gets rail and HEX discounts.

Crazy fools have let me run amok airside!

Comment

Nope! Hence the careful use of "worker" rather than staff. Everyone on site has to have an ID badge and everyone with an ID badge gets rail and HEX discounts.

oops hope you are working on the west heading runway, the People's republic of Slough might be in danger.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't worry, if they need you, they know where to find you....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    Don't worry, if they need you, they know where to find you....

Did you raid my Instagram account?

Comment

Working...
                    X