• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in United Kingdom (I know this has been done to death, sorry)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Don't really have that problem here in the IT sector unlike the UK which has to import lots of experts due to the dire lack of skilled people
    Compounded by the fact that the Universities are churning out Grads who just want to be Managers, after completing six months probation. No-one wants to work in Infrastructure, since it means having to learn the fundamentals from the Old Boys who aren't as diplomatic as the Snowflakes would like.

Keep it like that for a few more years until the New Tories manage to merge with New Labour, and I'll be in sweets, just long enough to not care any longer!
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      FTFY
      I think there are enough cheap people: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...ty_pay_survey/
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Go ahead and make my day soy boy.
        Soy Boy - is that like actually insulting someone based on their (potential but wrong) milk choice for their mochachocochino?

Fookin snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Soy Boy - is that like actually insulting someone based on their (potential but wrong) milk choice for their mochachocochino?

Fookin snowflake.
          Heard it for the first time only the other day, and now it's popping up all over the place like spring daffs.

Just shows how quickly these memes (if that's the right word) spread!

I assumed it was a disparaging reference to veggies and, even worse, vegans.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I think there are enough cheap people: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...ty_pay_survey/
              the salaries can go lower, there is only a minimum wage and you can work round that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X