• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "How did the accident happen" box on insurance forms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "How did the accident happen" box on insurance forms

...is going to be a lot bigger after this...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-arizona-tempe
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

So it begins…

Comment

Maybe because she was on a bicycle, and they had not tested it enough. Then again who expects an American to be on a bike in Arizona
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

If they're only coded to respond to the pedestrian behaviour of Yanks then we're all screwed.

Maybe they should be tested somewhere that doesn't have mandatory car insurance. Like Bradford.

Comment

I think Volvo are going to be re-thinking their standard 'It was our fault' stance at some point in the near future.

Who is responsible for a driverless car accident? - BBC News
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            ...is going to be a lot bigger after this...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-arizona-tempe
            Sounds to me like the woman was jaywalking in the road.

I mean autonomous cars may not be infallible yet, but they'd hardly be likely to go charging along a pavement mowing down pedestrians (unless hacked)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

That what happens when a company run by morons beta tests their product in public.

Hope they get sued into bankruptcy as a warning to others going down the same road, badly, to stop taking short cuts.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I'm betting this deal has just been killed stone-dead....

Uber may be enlisting more help as it battles Waymo and other rivals for self-driving car supremacy. The ride-hailing company is reportedly preparing to sell autonomous-driving systems to other companies, including Toyota, reports Nikkei Asian Review.
                Uber And Toyota May Team Up On Self-Driving Cars - The Drive

Comment

Now is a great opportunity for the UK to get a lead on autonomous car development and boost related employment, by announcing tax breaks and strictly limited liability in the event of prangs, by contrast with the ridiculously and hysterically vindictive and punitive US damages culture.

But of course the Government will be far too cowardly to contemplate anything like that.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Cars kill large numbers of people every day. In the UK in 2016 there were 102 cyclists killed & 448 pedestrians out of a total of 1792 fatalities ( the numbers seriously injured is significantly higher ).

If anything else killed 5 people a day then there would be uproar.

The focus should not be on whether someone died because they were hit by a computer-controlled car, but whether automated cars are safer per mile than human-controlled cars.

Comment

Working...
                    X