• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC ‘forced’ star names to set up firms to avoid tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    If you want to work on telly or radio, then they sort of have some clout. The ultimate irony being that we pay for their existence, and having worked there myself, they do have a very strong preference to employing companies over individuals.

And as for the bits I haven't bolded, you are a knobhead and I claim my £5.
    I have also worked places that have a strong preference for engaging contractors over employees. One place contractors out numbered employees. This was a company who are dominant in their field and one of the biggest local employers. So how is that different from the BBC?

Or is it because they are all jezza loving, Virtue signalling, snowflakes, the mps are giving them an easy ride?
    Last edited by BlueSharp; 22 March 2018, 07:01.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I imagine that as a school child you don't get many roles offered and are ignorant of how the world works for grownups.
      Ypur mum taught me everything I need to know.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        How can the bbc force anything? If you don't like the terms offered go else where.

Does this mean if I apply for premie roles as well as contract I can claim I was 'forced 'by the agency to take a contract and therefore they are liable?

What a load of balls.
        How many large broadcasters are there in the UK let alone the world?

Many people work for the BBC on tulip pay/rates so they can go elsewhere with the name on their CV and get much more money.

In fact some other British broadcasters don't take people if they haven't worked for a big name, and you are less likely to be able to get work in other English speaking countries as well.

This one of the reasons the BBC has got and is getting loads of flak for not having a diverse enough work force in important roles.

I suggest you talk to more people who work in the media specifically TV.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X