• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katy Perry News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katy Perry News

Katy Perry kissed a contestant on American Idol on the lips without his consent.
    If this was a male judge would they be sacked?
    American Idol contestant says Katy Perry's kiss 'made him uncomfortable' - BBC News

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Katy Perry kissed a contestant on American Idol on the lips without his consent.
    If this was a male judge would they be sacked?
    American Idol contestant says Katy Perry's kiss 'made him uncomfortable' - BBC News
    Well if it was a male then yes they should be sacked for an unrequested sexual approach.

Katy Perry should also be sacked but I do not think men are allowed to #metoo

Comment

Glaze added that he did not think his views had been "appropriately communicated through the media".
      This is the root of the problem really....

Which is kinda funny as it's the very last line of the article further exacerbating the issue. Second to last comment says.

"I do not think I was sexually harassed by Katy Perry and I am thankful for the judges' comments and critiques. I was uncomfortable in a sense of how I have never been kissed before and was not expecting it."
      Put that at the top of page and it becomes the non story it is.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well if it was a male then yes they should be sacked for an unrequested sexual approach.

The Corey Feldman story has been dramatized
        - although the baddies in this are (most probably white) male.

To be fair I saw the tweets about this Katy Perry thing and a lot of comments were form women pointing out the hypocrisy. I do hope something comes of this though.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          This is the root of the problem really....

Which is kinda funny as it's the very last line of the article further exacerbating the issue. Second to last comment says.

Put that at the top of page and it becomes the non story it is.
          If it was a women that said that though, the argument would be that she feels she has to say that or her career in singing would be ruined.

Comment

I like what this chap says about virtue signalling.
            Finally, saying virtue signalling is hypocritical. It’s often used to try to show that the accuser is above virtue signalling and that their own arguments really are sincere. Of course, this is really just another example of virtue signalling!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I like what this chap says about virtue signalling.
              At the end he also says:

At best, virtue signalling is a pretentious way of saying 'showing off'.
              My interpretation of virtue signalling is exactly this - and goes a bit further in that it is done by people who expect some kind of approval and recognition for it in return (covert contract). It wouldn't bother me if they didn't have to do it at someone else's expense.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

#Meat&Two ?

Comment

I'd have no problem if she kissed me....at least it stops her from singing!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    I'd have no problem if she kissed me....at least it stops her from singing!
                    I suppose Oral Gonorrhea would temporarily stop her singing.

Comment

Working...
                    X