• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And another one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yes, but do people with mental health problems really need to have a gun, as the NRA is pushing for, whilst coming out with hypocritical statements to the contrary.
    The second amendment doesn't give any American a blanket right to own guns so mentally ill people do not have the right to own or even have access to a gun simply because they would fail the "well-regulated" part of the amendment. Other people who aren't part of clubs or organisations also fail, and the NRA fails as an organisation as they can't regulate their members properly.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      So in the UK where crims tend to be packing knives do you too carry a concealed knife when popping into town, or sleep with one under the bed/pillow just in case?

Fortunately in the UK they currently have enough sense to handle gun control properly, and if the majority of the Police don't feel the need (or want the trauma/paperwork/hassle after blowing away a perp) to be armed then the public certainly shouldn't.
      Stop rolling your eyes. I don't carry a knife but I have bat handy in case anyone breaks into my house.

Now, if someone breaking into my house was likely to have a gun (for example in the US) then my baseball bat would be pretty useless. I would feel safer with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Stop rolling your eyes. I don't carry a knife but I have bat handy in case anyone breaks into my house.

Now, if someone breaking into my house was likely to have a gun (for example in the US) then my baseball bat would be pretty useless. I would feel safer with a gun.
        There as other people have dogs who act as an early warning alarm - if you are in this works. If you are out then the dog will probably shut up.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Stop rolling your eyes.
          No, it's the only exercise I get.

I don't carry a knife but I have bat handy in case anyone breaks into my house.
          Wrap it in barbed wire and say it's a prop from The Walking Dead if the fuzz ask why the perps head is now just a splodge on your hallway floor.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
          X