• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#deletefacebook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I’ve finally decided to close my account.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      But is it easier than running a marathon?

"I'm starting this gruelling adventure of closing my facebook account while fundraising for charity. Please give generously, you may save the life of a depressed charity manager who can't afford to go on his jollies this year while under the pretence of saving some obscure species we don't give a tulip about as we don't eat it. Ta."
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Sometime in 2012 I clicked 'unsubscribe' from the whiney 'your friends miss you' emails from FB. Haven't heard from them since, which suits me fine. They can keep my post of Jerry Sadowitz outing Savile, it's the only thing I remember putting on there

Comment

After all the mess, now Zuckerberg is apologizing...what a shame..

Comment

Do quite a bit of advertising on it, it's a fantastic marketing platform.

Never used it socially.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              There is and data privacy laws don’t permit Facebook to keep your personal data if you delete your account. Whether or not you believe they do delete it is up to you but in light of GDPR they may not want to risk it.

I’ve finally decided to close my account. There is no alternative to Facebook as a whole but there are alternatives for sharing photos with my family and messaging. That’s all I really use it for. I’ve already got a link to download my archive of data and will be deleting it soon.
              https://mewe.com/

Comment

Working...
              X