• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official British Anti Russian propaganda thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Normally in situations like this, the obvious underlying motivation is the UK frantically trying to ingratiate ourselves with the Septics.

But the puzzling thing is President Trump seems eager to mend fences with Putin and be his best mate.
    He's a maverick going against the deep state. There is a concerted campaign of West vs East that kicked off when Russia prevented the invasion of Syria and have held it off since. They (with China) are also aggressively attacking the US$ as a global reserve currency and being the petrodollar.

I don't think either side have the best intentions in the ME as it all seems very Game of Thrones. Putin wants to maintain the balance of power in order to protect Russia so he needs to keep Syria, Iran intact an onside. Our side seem to want all the oil in the ME or at least control of it.

Since the fall of the Berlin wall the US has been the single dominant superpower and been able to do what it wants. That no longer seems to be the case - kind of like when playing Civilization and you uncover some squares of a nation you thought you were ahead of just to see they've upgraded everything and are on a par/ahead and you're not in the lead anymore.

The balance of power is shifting eastward and our side are not just going to let it happen hence cold & trade wars we are seeing now. One thing's for sure is we can't win a nuclear or conventional war with them so the sooner we all make friends the better.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...-war-v0lrb8r0l

I'd like some of the anti-Russian posters on this thread to explain to me why this is a good thing.

My position is the same as Donald's - why can't we all just get along? Having grown up in the 80s with all the cold war fear - then watching the Berlin wall come down and the tensions go away I can't help but feel very dismayed at this step backwards.
      The Russian state thinks it's absolutely fine to go into a foreign state and use chemical weapons to attempt to murder those it deems political opponents or traitors. It's not as if they haven't done this before in the UK. I'm quite dismayed at that. You need to wake up and smell some sort of coffee.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        The Russian state thinks it's absolutely fine to go into a foreign state and use chemical weapons to attempt to murder those it deems political opponents or traitors. It's not as if they haven't done this before in the UK. I'm quite dismayed at that. You need to wake up and smell some sort of coffee.
        How about having a rant about Israel shooting to kill farmers?
        Gaza farmer killed by Israeli tank shell: Gaza health official
        https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63542588.cms
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Do you know something everyone else doesn't?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            How about having a rant about Israel shooting to kill farmers?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63542588.cms
            Shooting somebody is not the same as using chemical weapons, and since I'm not a defender of Israel*, I'm not sure what point you're trying (and failing) to make.

*For the avoidance of any Corbynist doubt, I'm referring to the Government of the said state, not the religious persuasions of the majority of its citizens.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think the phrase you're looking for is "does everyone else know something I don't?"

Comment

Mmm - linky

Hmmm - linky

Oddly they like doing things like this as well - linky
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Mmm - linky

Hmmm - linky

Oddly they like doing things like this as well - linky
                  Can't find anything about Salisbury - am I missing something?

And why aren't we co operating if we have nothing to hide?

The UK has described as "perverse" a Russian proposal for a joint inquiry into the poisoning of a Russian ex-spy and his daughter in England last month.

The comment came from the UK team as it attended an emergency meeting of the international chemical weapons watchdog, the OPCW, on the issue.

Russia, which called the meeting, wants the UK to share evidence.

The UK says Russia was almost certainly to blame for the attack but Moscow denies any involvement.
                  As a member of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), Russia has the right to request an emergency meeting of the body and it is taking place at The Hague.

Among other things, it wants to know what kind of evidence the UK has provided to the OPCW, which inspectors visited the site of the attack in Salisbury, who they met and where the samples are being analysed.
                  But its offer of a joint investigation was dismissed by the UK.

In a tweet, the UK team at The Hague said: "Russia's proposal for a joint, UK/Russian investigation into the Salisbury incident is perverse.

"It is a diversionary tactic, and yet more disinformation designed to evade the questions the Russian authorities must answer."
                  I really want to believe that we are the good guys in all this - but since Tony Blair's WMD, Libya and all the 'Assad must go' attempts to invade Syria I'm really struggling with our motivations behind all this.
                  Last edited by Jog On; 4 April 2018, 13:58.

Comment

Can't find anything about Salisbury - am I missing something?

And why aren't we co operating if we have nothing to hide?

I really want to believe that we are the good guys in all this - but since Tony Blair's WMD, Libya and all the 'Assad must go' attempts to invade Syria I'm really struggling with our motivations behind all this.
                    I would seriously leave the "Tony Blair" argument out of all of this. He lied, we all know that, and it's a matter of record. "We" have nothing to hide, the Russian state however, has much to hide and distract. All they need is a few million more idiots who believe that somehow we'd give asylum to a former spy, set him up in deepest Wiltshire, and then bump him off using chemical weapons in a busy shopping district. I'm not saying you're a f**king idiot, but...

Comment

I would seriously leave the "Tony Blair" argument out of all of this. He lied, we all know that, and it's a matter of record. "We" have nothing to hide, the Russian state however, has much to hide and distract. All they need is a few million more idiots who believe that somehow we'd give asylum to a former spy, set him up in deepest Wiltshire, and then bump him off using chemical weapons in a busy shopping district. I'm not saying you're a f**king idiot, but...
                      It was left on his doorstep. How familiar are you with this story?

Oh and - https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ef=uk-homepage

Boris Johnson is facing embarrassment over his claims about the Salisbury poisoning attack after the Foreign Office deleted a tweet claiming Russia had produced the nerve agent.

The Foreign Secretary was under pressure to explain the change as the Russian Embassy in London ridiculed Britain’s stance linking Moscow to the attempted murder of former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

Jeremy Corbyn said that Johnson had been “left with egg on his face” and had some “serious questions to answer”.

Ministers were already on the defensive after the head of the Porton Down defence laboratory revealed on Tuesday that it had “not identified the precise source” of the poison.
                      But thanks for admitting that our government is capable of lying to thew public to take us to war

Comment

Working...
                      X