• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official British Anti Russian propaganda thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Yes - because there were 9 SAA helicopters unaccounted for at the time. (same section you posted)
    That is not what the report states at all. More Russo-Syrian dissembling I fear. The report states (my emboldening):

The Government informed the
    Mechanism that
    15 helicopters had been left behind at Taftanaz airbase, 9 of
    which had been deemed operational.
     The Leadership Panel reviewed all the information gathered and found no
    evidence that armed opposition groups in Sarmin had been operating a
    helicopter at the time and location of the incident.

Comment

I never said anything about a full recovery - I'm just amazed he's still alive at all if the Russians are behind it.
      Your fellow traveller stated there was a Full Recovery. I challenged it. You replied to my challenge with a switch. It's OK - we've come to expect this from the Chemical Alis.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        That is not what the report states at all. More Russo-Syrian dissembling I fear. The report states (my emboldening):
        The report also states:

However, the Mechanism obtained information from other sources that
        corroborates witness statements of Syrian Arab Armed Forces helicopter flights
        on the date and at the time of the incident.
        More Colin Powell - GWB-Tony Blairesque dissembling I suspect. It's 'he said/she'said' and inconclusive like the whole report.
        Last edited by Jog On; 6 April 2018, 14:41.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Your fellow traveller stated there was a Full Recovery. I challenged it. You replied to my challenge with a switch. It's OK - we've come to expect this from the Chemical Alis.
          Yes he said full recovery which you are grasping to now, I chimed in to say that it's farcical to think that if they wanted him dead he'd be stone dead and not making good progress. I was speaking contextually, you're being pedantic because that's all you've got.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Don't know for sure but I never said he was an angel. My position is still critical of our foreign policy and fake news (Iraq WMD) stories.

The Litvinenko looks a lot more like a professional job, this Skripal thing is a clusterfudge and if they wanted him dead he'd be dead...

Do you believe Russian intelligence assassins would do something like this in the way it's been done? Or would it have been more Litvinenko style?
            Yes of course, Russian intelligence assassins would do exactly something like this, nobody else (with such capabilities) does such things in 1st world foreign countries against "traitors".

Poison is traditional favourite KGB way of killing abroad, they are known for it. Litvinenko was killed with Polonium-210 that was only detected because of British expertise - it turned out that IF you know what to look for then the damn thing leaves detectable trail behind, so they had to stop using it (and it was used before more than once in unexplained death in Russia with same symptoms as Litvinenko). So they had to get new poison and got caught again, what's so surprising? It fits perfectly pattern of behavior that is well established not just in the last 15 years of Putin, but over much longer period during the Soviet Union.

KGB reserves their right to kill current or ex Soviet/Russian citizens anywhere on the planet as they see fit.

Comment

Yes he said full recovery which you are grasping to now, I chimed in to say that it's farcical to think that if they wanted him dead he'd be stone dead and not making good progress. I was speaking contextually, you're being pedantic because that's all you've got.
              If you did bother to read up on nerve agents you'd know that they were designed as WMD rather than targeted assassination - it's very difficult to measure amount that would only kill target rather than a lot more people (which would obviously complicate matters for the assassins, especially on foreign soil and especially given that it's a banned chemical weapon). They obviously knew the danger of putting too much and did not use big enough amount, otherwise first responders would have dropped dead too (that police officer got hit even in current situation, had he died the fallout would have been much bigger).

Comment

he

he has probably been awake for the last 10 days, but did not suit the UK to say so

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yes of course, Russian intelligence assassins would do exactly something like this, nobody else (with such capabilities) does such things in 1st world foreign countries against "traitors".

Poison is traditional favourite KGB way of killing abroad, they are known for it. Litvinenko was killed with Polonium-210 that was only detected because of British expertise - it turned out that IF you know what to look for then the damn thing leaves detectable trail behind, so they had to stop using it (and it was used before more than once in unexplained death in Russia with same symptoms as Litvinenko). So they had to get new poison and got caught again, what's so surprising? It fits perfectly pattern of behavior that is well established not just in the last 15 years of Putin, but over much longer period during the Soviet Union.

KGB reserves their right to kill current or ex Soviet/Russian citizens anywhere on the planet as they see fit.
                  With you on all of that - but are they really that incompetent to get him - his daughter - a copper - and not even kill any of them? That's the point I'm making - not whether they have the capacity to do something like this but if they are so shoddy and careless and completely ineffective...
                  Last edited by Jog On; 6 April 2018, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                    he has probably been awake for the last 10 days, but did not suit the UK to say so
                    It's probably just a big fake story to use as a pretext to purge Russian intelligence agents from the West after they uncovered plans for another false flag chemical attack in Syria.

Comment

With you on all of that - but are they really that incompetent to get him - his daughter - a copper - and not even kill any of them?
                      It's a question of chemistry - very hard to use something developed as WMD without killing lots of people, it's like trying to adopt a nuke to kill a specific person only, plus don't forget that running such ops on a foreign territory is much harder thing than getting it done in Moscow - there it's very easy for them, but in Britain - very hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X