• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cambridge Analytica, great British success or a really evil organisation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Democrats did not steal data, and they did not get it enhanced by foreign power who hacked electoral rolls and matched people's affiliations with their Facebook accounts

Big difference
    You really need to read up on how to re-write British history like the victors the British are.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Seeing as the British are inherently evil because we are the only country to have raped and pillaged our way around the globe (the Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, French all being saints) then this is a Great British Success as it's taking our basic moral decrepitude and making it work in the modern age.
      That's a nice horse you rode in on, nice and high.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That's a nice horse you rode in on, nice and high.
        Absolutely. Up on my high horse is the best place to be. Don't hear the squeals of the peasants when I trample on them.

Comment

We're only talking about this as the 'wrong type' of people used it.

And I don't believe anyone who uses Facebook regularly does not understand that their information is used for marketing purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            We're only talking about this as the 'wrong type' of people used it.

And I don't believe anyone who uses Facebook regularly does not understand that their information is used for marketing purposes.
            You really believe the average person has such intelligence?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Marketing purposes (commercial) is one thing, but how many people who voted for Trump and Brexit know that they were subject to direct manipulation using fraudulent info generated by hostile power or stolen by it (and modified for better effect)? Vote suppression is another issue - that should be illegal practice, just why it isn't I don't know.

Comment

I believe that pretty much everyone that uses Facebook understands the rules, half of everyone's feeds are adverts so it's not as if they hide it.

I don't expect anyone to understand the data graphing and the deep learning tulip but, data sold to advertisers, yes I think they all knew.

What this story presents to me more than anything else is the daily rage news cycle. We're being presented with fact, known fact about Facebook has always operated and somehow there is now outrage built up around that.

I see the newspapers and TV stations that are building this outrage as having a pretty strong motive to diminish the reputation of online advertising. Funny that.

Tomorrow we'll be given some other daily news to rage about.

Comment

Marketing purposes (commercial) is one thing, but how many people who voted for Trump and Brexit know that they were subject to direct manipulation using fraudulent info generated by hostile power or stolen by it (and modified for better effect)? Vote suppression is another issue - that should be illegal practice, just why it isn't I don't know.
                  Most of that is made up, no evidence of any of it.

Comment

The notion that certain people voted a certain way because they were 'hoodwinked' and too stupid to make an informed choice is getting very boring.

We voted to leave
                    She lost
                    Get over it

I very clearly remember during both elections that the media and social networks were massively biased towards the sides that lost - and they still lost

These elections are going the way they are because the establishment have failed the people and the people have had enough.

For the record - here is:

And of course there is this January 2016 admission from John Podesta telling the Facebook COO that he is looking forward to "working with you to elect the first woman President of the United States."
                    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...lary-win-badly

and Obama's Former Campaign Director Makes Bombshell Claim: Facebook Was "On Our Side"

But keep on bleating about fake news/Russian hackers & trolls etc.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I believe that pretty much everyone that uses Facebook understands the rules, half of everyone's feeds are adverts so it's not as if they hide it...
                      Before I was kicked off FB for not using my real name, I never got adverts on my timeline.. Odd that
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X