• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cambridge Analytica, great British success or a really evil organisation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some people have to accept the idea that leave won because the EU is crap.

I think some people have to accept that idea that Trump won because Clinton is a basket case zoomer.

Then we can all move on from this BS.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I think some people have to accept the idea that leave won because the EU is crap.

I think some people have to accept that idea that Trump won because Clinton is a basket case zoomer.

Then we can all move on from this BS.
      Well yes too much pro-remain 'spinning' of this story, which I think weakens its message.

That message being, that the 'Deep State' is (and was) involved in illegal psy-ops, data-mining and destabilizing democratic process both here and abroad, through the nexus of SCL, AIQ and Palantir, all of whom have links to 'State constructs' & well connected and powerful figures on both sides of the pond. None of which is really a surprise, just that we have more of the footprints in the snow to look at.

Probably pulling the strings on both sides in any case, but it's interesting to see how little traction it's pulling on the BBC.......Corbyn remains the 'real' enemy!

Comment

https://www.parliament.uk/documents/...20Chambers.pdf
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Cambridge Analytica is shutting down following Facebook scandal | Engadget

Today, Cambridge Analytica was shut down following the Facebook scandal and subsequent investigations, The Wall Street Journal reports. During a conference call today with the tech firm's employees, chairman Julian Wheatland of parent company SCL Group announced the news, according to Gizmodo. But it isn't just the tech firm: SCL Group is closing down too, its founder Nigel Oakes told The Wall Street Journal. Shortly after the news broke, Cambridge Analytica itself issued a press release announcing it and SCL would stop operating, and the former would begin bankruptcy proceedings.

Comment

Yes - because if we shut down all the evidence will go away.

Why shut down if there's nothing to hide / no wrong doing?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting that the BBC has the Cambridge Anal shutting down story, but not the Emerdata re-branding exercise.

Why omit that one salient bit of info?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Yes - because if we shut down all the evidence will go away.

Why shut down if there's nothing to hide / no wrong doing?
                Because the brand is now toxic. No company or political organisation would risk being associated with them .... even though they are probably queuing out the door to sign-up for their services.

I'm sure most of the staff will be setting up Oxford Analytics as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                X