• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donald Gump's Trade Strategy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Gump's Trade Strategy

Steel and "Aluminum" Stocks down more than 10%

Teflon Don does it again.

I'm alright Jack

And then TrumpCo buys a shed load of Aluminium and Steel company stock. And then the tariff gets dropped. Stock prices go up, TrumpCo sells. Happy days. For him, at least.

He drained the swamp, and then filled it with new alligators.
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

EU's offer of zero tariffs, not good enough

He knows that even if tariffs are zero Europeans still won't buy American sh*te.

Seriously they need to send a letter back wishing him well and promising to resume negotiations after he's finished his therapy.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        EU's offer of zero tariffs, not good enough

He knows that even if tariffs are zero Europeans still won't buy American sh*te.

Seriously they need to send a letter back wishing him well and promising to resume negotiations after he's finished his therapy.

Feck me, he actually came up with line, this is a direct quote:

"Their habits, their consumer habits are to buy their own cars".

No you complete donkey, "their" habits are to buy the best cars they can find and its not American crap.
        Last edited by sasguru; 31 August 2018, 12:25.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

US-China trade deficit widens after imposition of tariffs

The harder Trump bashes China, the wider trade gap will become, any economist will tell you that.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.
            -Anonymous Senior White House aide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/o...esistance.html
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

JP Morgan recommends selling US stocks and buying emerging markets

America First going well, as Trump's plan to dismantle the US economy begins to work.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                JP Morgan recommends selling US stocks and buying emerging markets

America First going well, as Putin's plan to dismantle the US economy begins to work.

FTFY.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Trump succeeds in changing "worst deal ever" NAFTA

Congratulations to Trump for getting those incredibly important minor cosmetic changes agreed.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The UK is heading in the same direction.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X