• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend...Plans....Anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend...Plans....Anyone?

Its Friday

I'm having a Chinese tonight

Comment

A bit random really - when I renovated my house I ran alarm cable and a friend of a friend recommended a pro alarm system (Which he kindly provided at trade) which he said he'd install.

He's no longer in a position to fit it, so I'm becoming an alarm system installer for the weekend. It's a bit more intense than I'd expected - being professional kit it's rather in kit form and feels like more of an electronics project right now, but I'm quite looking forward to it. Apart from fitting the bell box because I hate heights.

Comment

Building model Himalayan campsite for a school project with the eldest daughter.

Comment

Might go out for a drive in The Toy tomorrow. Then on Sunday, The Wife (tm) is taking me away for a 4 day break. I don't know where, but we're flying out of Gatwick.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Garden day
            Clean motorbikes day
            Braai day
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

TFA!

This morning was front and centre for the team photo of a sports team my co is classed as a sponsor for. Flying lesson later.

Tomorrow: Pick up regs from being serviced ahead of next diving trip. Watch above mentioned team in the evening.

Sunday: Maybe time to dig out the lawnmower.
              Last edited by Pondlife; 23 March 2018, 11:44. Reason: Politeness

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Flying lesson later.
                Ooh, another one - I think there's a couple of us here now! What are you learning in and how are you getting on?

I've really struggled to get out much since passing my PPL at the end of last year

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Ooh, another one - I think there's a couple of us here now! What are you learning in and how are you getting on?

I've really struggled to get out much since passing my PPL at the end of last year
                  PA-28s mostly. I picked a bit of a stupid time of year to start as a lot of lessons have been cancelled recently but I'm really enjoying it so far. Should get the rest of the books this afternoon hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    PA-28s mostly. I picked a bit of a stupid time of year to start as a lot of lessons have been cancelled recently but I'm really enjoying it so far. Should get the rest of the books this afternoon hopefully.
                    Nice one - I converted onto a PA28 Warrior II after I passed. Lovely touring aircraft, though I find the visibility in the circuit a challenge compared to the Grob I learnt in. Ridiculously stable aircraft, too.

Enjoy! Best thing I've ever done - first time solo is something else.

Comment

Working...
                    X