The New Touareg The New Touareg - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: The New Touareg

  1. #11

    Banned

    Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quite happy with my Stepway.

  2. #12

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Too slow, too big an engine for the power, get a Stelvio QV.
    good enough for what we need, and it's just a VW isn't it, doesn't send any other messages like a Merc, BMer, Audi, Porsche, Maserati etc

    Milan.

  3. #13

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    , doesn't send any other messages like a Merc, BMer, Audi, Porsche, Maserati etc

    Milan.
    If you live in PCP Britain, the message that sends is that you're a chav living in a council flat and/or footballer new money and/or a tinker who's made money paving drives.
    So one of those should suit you.
    Class and old money drive classics, Polos/Golfs in town, Subarus/old Land Rovers in the country.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #14

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    If you live in PCP Britain, the message that sends is that you're a chav living in a council flat and/or footballer new money and/or a tinker who's made money paving drives.
    So one of those should suit you.
    Class and old money drive classics, Polos/Golfs in town, Subarus/old Land Rovers in the country.

    thank you Sas.

    A series lr is on my shopping list, currently in a discussion on an xk120

    Milan.

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    If you live in PCP Britain, the message that sends is that you're a chav living in a council flat and/or footballer new money and/or a tinker who's made money paving drives.
    So one of those should suit you.
    Class and old money drive classics, Polos/Golfs in town, Subarus/old Land Rovers in the country.
    And obviously anyone who drives a big car is always compensating

    if you know what i mean!

  6. #16

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    And obviously anyone who drives a big car is always compensating

    if you know what i mean!
    yes, classic comment from the have-nots

    since we'd rather not have to breath the same air as the riff raff, we do our fair share of longer distance family holiday / journeys across Europe by car, 1000+km at a time, instead of flying

    safety first, a big well equipped high heavy powerful 4x4 makes these journeys safe and enjoyable, hence being in the market for such a car

    as I have said before, you lot with the clever comments, if you had this budget, and requirements, what would you buy ?

    We don't want a saloon either, you can see more from a 4x4

    Milan.

  7. #17

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    yes, classic comment from the have-nots

    Since I can't afford air fare for the family, we do our fair share of longer distance family holiday / journeys across Europe by car, 1000+km at a time, instead of flying

    safety first, a big well equipped high heavy powerful 4x4 makes these journeys safe and enjoyable, hence being in the market for such a car

    as I have said before, you lot with the clever comments, if you had this budget, and requirements, what would you buy ?

    We don't want a saloon either, you can see more from a 4x4

    Milan.
    FTFY.

    Safety first? Then get the Volvo XC60 or XC90 of course.
    Although of course all SUVs are far more likely to flip over than cars with a lower centre of gravity.
    You really are a different kind of dumbkopf.
    Last edited by sasguru; 28th March 2018 at 14:35.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #18

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    FTFY.

    Safety first? Then get the Volvo XC60 or XC90 of course.
    Although of course all SUVs are far more likely to flip over than cars with a lower centre of gravity.
    You really are a different kind of dumbkopf.
    thank you Sas, let me reply item by item,

    Volvo's, I have an allergy for Volvo's , but nevertheless, as I have said before, those socialist clowns at Volvo have decided that XC90 buyers will never need anything more than a 4 cylinder engine, well sorry folks, but in a comfortable long distance cruiser I want the smoothness and effortless power of a 6 or 8 cylinder engine and not a hair dryer revving its bollocks off

    Lower center of gravity, the Q7 which I have now has the air suspension and those clever folks in Germany, what they did, is they made it that automatically at certain speeds the car gets progressively lower and lower and the suspension harder and harder, so when one is on the autobahn enjoying the upper limits of the car's capacity, the car is actually closest to the ground and with a stiff suspension bringing a lower center of gravity

    Merci,

    Milan.

  9. #19

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    thank you Sas, let me reply item by item,

    Volvo's, I have an allergy for Volvo's , but nevertheless, as I have said before, those socialist clowns at Volvo have decided that XC90 buyers will never need anything more than a 4 cylinder engine, well sorry folks, but in a comfortable long distance cruiser I want the smoothness and effortless power of a 6 or 8 cylinder engine and not a hair dryer revving its bollocks off

    Lower center of gravity, the Q7 which I have now has the air suspension and those clever folks in Germany, what they did, is they made it that automatically at certain speeds the car gets progressively lower and lower and the suspension harder and harder, so when one is on the autobahn enjoying the upper limits of the car's capacity, the car is actually closest to the ground and with a stiff suspension bringing a lower center of gravity

    Merci,

    Milan.
    So what you're really saying is "Safety Second".
    Why didn't you say so in the 1st place instead of claiming safety is your priority?
    Because both in crash tests and in terms of safety systems installed, new model Volvos really are best.
    It may be better if you got more successful and could afford air fares since that is really the safest way to travel, rather than subject your family to danger on Europe's roads.
    Oh I forgot, safety isn't really your priority at all.
    Like I said you really are a different level of dumbkopf.
    Last edited by sasguru; 28th March 2018 at 14:55.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  10. #20

    Contractor Among Contractors

    clearedforlanding 's job has never been outsourced

    clearedforlanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Found myself. Still lost.
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Lets end this debate.



    I have an option on a 2019 car.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •