• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The New Touareg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I want the smoothness and effortless power of a 6 or 8 cylinder engine and not a hair dryer revving its bollocks off
    As all production 8 cylinder engines are V8s, I think you are confused to think that an 8 cylinder will be smooth. Vs are not smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      So what you're really saying is "Safety Second".
      Why didn't you say so in the 1st place instead of claiming safety is your priority?
      Because both in crash tests and in terms of safety systems installed, new model Volvos really are best.
      It may be better if you got more successful and could afford air fares since that is really the safest way to travel, rather than subject your family to danger on Europe's roads.
      Oh I forgot, safety isn't really your priority at all.
      Like I said you really are a different level of dumbkopf.

thank you Sas

safety is a priority but I don't want a Volvo

flying, I can't stand flying, I fly business, I get vip check-in, lounge access, priority boarding etc and with my family

but even an nth generation aristocrat like you must admit, flying has lost the romance which it had when we were growing up

these days, airports are disgusting, as are the planes, the whole process, the being treated like a criminal at the security checks, etc

you must remember the old posters from the BOAC showing air travel as something grand and romantic, these days it's nothing more than cattle going to market

given the choice, these days, I would much rather drive a comfortable long distance grand tourer across Europe, having the privacy of our car, this is more than business class, the freedom to stop and visit interesting places, to stop for lunch, to continue etc

and you, you prefer to fly with the family ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        As all production 8 cylinder engines are V8s, I think you are confused to think that an 8 cylinder will be smooth. Vs are not smooth.
        you'll find it depends on the firing order

Milan.

Comment

Lets end this debate.

I have an option on a 2019 car.
          very nice

Milan.

Comment

thank you Sas

safety is a priority but I don't want a Volvo

flying, I can't stand flying, I fly business, I get vip check-in, lounge access, priority boarding etc and with my family

but even an nth generation aristocrat like you must admit, flying has lost the romance which it had when we were growing up

these days, airports are disgusting, as are the planes, the whole process, the being treated like a criminal at the security checks, etc

you must remember the old posters from the BOAC showing air travel as something grand and romantic, these days it's nothing more than cattle going to market

given the choice, these days, I would much rather drive a comfortable long distance grand tourer across Europe, having the privacy of our car, this is more than business class, the freedom to stop and visit interesting places, to stop for lunch, to continue etc

and you, you prefer to fly with the family ?

Milan.
            I agree entirely. Just flew to London for a day. Said to my client next time we drive. 8 hour cruise in a 602BHP car or 6 hours door to door on public transport and a 737-800.

Anyhow when I need to fly (traffic at race events) there are always 6 of these.

Comment

Milan.
              No it doesn’t. Depends on v-angle but all v-engines arent perfectly balanced.

IIRC straight sixes are natually perfectly balanced, as are boxers.

V-6’s definately arent and so neither are V-12’s

Comment

Milan.

I won't. Flat plane or cross plane configurations will some difference, The desirability of V8s has to do with the accessibility of power at the V8 configuration, most big engine cars commercially made tend to stick with the V8 configuration due to its ease of packaging. V8s are about performance in a relativley compact space, not about smoothness,

Comment

I won't. Flat plane or cross plane configurations will some difference, The desirability of V8s has to do with the accessibility of power at the V8 configuration, most big engine cars commercially made tend to stick with the V8 configuration due to its ease of packaging. V8s are about performance in a relativley compact space, not about smoothness,
                  Testarossa engine in the shop where I took my Maser, resto job.

You can see how wide and low it is, no way is that gonna fit between some wheel arches, Q7 or any other German boring-mobile...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Testarossa engine in the shop where I took my Maser, resto job.

You can see how wide and low it is, no way is that gonna fit between some wheel arches, Q7 or any other German boring-mobile...

I think these photos I took at Lamborghin Monaco really show how big these ****ers are.

Comment

Buying Touareg is basically admitting you can't afford Cayenne

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X