• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris puts his foot in it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris wants his own plane.

Boris Johnson says he 'probably needs' a private plane - BBC News

And surely this man deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
      Boris wants his own plane.

Boris Johnson says he 'probably needs' a private plane - BBC News

And surely this man deserves it.
      Better that than having to risk sitting next to him on a long haul flight...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mountain out of a molehill, RAF Voyager was brought in to try and save £750,000 a year in commercial flights, but if it's not available as it has an RAF role not just VIP travel it kinda defeats the original objective if they have to go back to chartered flights. As his role is basically foreign travel he has to be up there on the list of people who need to travel the most
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can't they convert the water cannons ?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Mountain out of a molehill, RAF Voyager was brought in to try and save £750,000 a year in commercial flights, but if it's not available as it has an RAF role not just VIP travel it kinda defeats the original objective if they have to go back to chartered flights. As his role is basically foreign travel he has to be up there on the list of people who need to travel the most
            There are alternatives.
            Other jets are available - one of which Mr Johnson used to fly to Russia in November - but the foreign secretary complained those planes had not been upgraded in almost 40 years.

But apparently not smart enough for Boris.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45083275

Former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has been accused of Islamophobia after saying Muslim women wearing burkas "look like letterboxes".

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45083275

Former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has been accused of Islamophobia after saying Muslim women wearing burkas "look like letterboxes".

And your point is?

The fact is when all you can see are some eyes through a rectangular shaped hole it looks like when you look through a letterbox and someone is looking back at you -- not done it for ages but used to keep the kids entertained for hours.

And quite frankly they do.

The Guards who wear the bearskin hats look like fookin big penises......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  The Guards who wear the bearskin hats look like fookin big penises......
                  Whaddya mean....?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Maybe we need a Boris Screws Up Again thread like our Trumpton thread.
                    Now Boris knows his political career if effectively over, we'll be needing a whole new sub-forum...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I wonder how the press would have played this is corbyn had said it? The Tory party have a deep seated problem with Islam although it is not reported as much as Labour's Semitism problem for some strange reason and with Johnson now being pally with Bannon, maybe he's getting his orders from somewhere else now...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X