• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We Need to Talk About Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Need to Talk About Cyclists

Anybody else getting fed up with the increasing encroachment on the pedestrian space by cyclists in our towns?

Some of it is officially sanctioned, some of it not but I am fed up of constantly having to duck out the way of speeding bicycles on my perambulation into work.

My view is that if you want to ride a bike you should take your life in your hands, get on the main road and large it up with all the juggernauts

Do fu<k off

Comment

You're not going to make it to 1000 posts before Strike 3 if you carry on like this, you big twat.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Do fu<k off
        WHS with bells on

Comment

Cyclists older than 16 on pavements = inconsiderate cockwombles. Get on the roads that you want to feel safe on.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            ... I am fed up of constantly having to duck out the way of speeding bicycles on my perambulation into work. ..
            If you will insist on pushing a pram around everywhere, you'll find many people are pretty pissed off at you getting in _their_ way!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I am fed up of constantly having to duck out the way of speeding bicycles on my perambulation into work.

Comment

well move yer fat arse out the way!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anybody else getting fed up with the increasing encroachment on the pedestrian space by cyclists in our towns?
                  Can't say I see much riding on pavements round here but all in favour of exterminating cyclists generally.

PS Except you mudskipper.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Some of it is officially sanctioned, some of it not but I am fed up of constantly having to duck out the way of speeding bicycles on my perambulation into work.

My view is that if you want to ride a bike you should take your life in your hands, get on the main road and large it up with all the juggernauts
                    I 'speak' as a car driver, cyclist, and pedestrian...

I got slightly irritated by this a few years ago when I was working in Cambridge. Having ridden many thousands of miles in groups of various sizes, I'm not phased by close proximity of passing bikes.

Consequently, as a pedestrian, I always held my ground, and had a number of physical contacts. I had no qualms whatsoever about dumping a bike rider on the ground if he/ she wanted to get physical/ play bully. Fortunately that never happened.

I had a similar view for the tossers who would weave across the entire width of the cycle lanes. Again I was prepared to dump them in the kerb as I passed rather that swerve into the main part of the road to avoid them.

Stand Your Ground, Girl!

P.s in my days as a competitive Time Triallist, I frequently 'mixed it up' with the juggernauts on the dual carriageways.

Comment

Working...
                    X