• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project of doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project of doom

In the last couple of months we've lost a PM, test manager and now enterprise architect. I'm the only one (BA) that's been here from the start.

I can't think what the common denominator is that's making these people leave - any ideas?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    In the last couple of months we've lost a PM, test manager and now enterprise architect. I'm the only one (BA) that's been here from the start.

I can't think what the common denominator is that's making these people leave - any ideas?
    You?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      You?
      It must be! Unless it's something else...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Maybe they're all crypto billionaires now so don't need to work?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
          not likely

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
            lets hope they can at least expense a decent hotel.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Started at my present clientco six months ago in a team of several contractors, but they have been disappearing one by one, like that Agatha Christie novel Ten Little .. , you know the one.

A couple were pushed, due to competency issues, and three more have decided (rightly) that the work wasn't pushing them enough and their skills were atrophying, so they're off next week.

But I'm not bothered if the work is a doddle, and many of the permies none too expert. That's just how I like it.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It must be! Unless it's something else...
                They've been liquidated by shadowy Western forces in a bid to isolate a bold admirer of President Putin's bum.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  lets hope they can at least expense a decent hotel.
                  Eliminates the risk of bumping into PC at breakfast.

Comment

Pah that's nothing.

I've been the only 'BA' on my project for 15 months. In that time we've had two test managers, 6 enterprise architects, 3 integration engineers and we're on our 7th, yes 7th project manager, 3rd report developer. But we still have the same permanent development team of 3 who have been there between 20-28 years each and work at the pace of a Special Needs Milanbenes.

I've been covering every job at some point except the EA role and I've decided not to renew in 8 weeks even though they want me for a year and already increase my rate my some mark. They;ve now asked me to run it!

It's like pace.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X