• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We need to talk about sockies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to talk about sockies

Anybody else getting fed up with the increasing encroachment on the CUK boards by a particularly tedious and repetitive sockie?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Sorry
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, it's high time to ban all sockies and Russian propaganda tools (even though they are far from being the sharpest in the shed)

Mods, do the needful to protect CUK!

Comment

Just waiting for cojak to issue Strike 3....

Comment

The problem is not the number of sockies, it's probably the same as it has always been. It's more that there are not enough real posters as the mods have pissed all the regulars off.

Sockies come back, regulars don't.

Comment

You lot aren't so fussy when you're having a posh wank while you're listening in on Mum in the parlour with a client.

Comment

But isn't it the defining quality of a sockie to be deliberately hostile and provocative?

Mere tediousness isn't quite the same thing, however boring or annoying.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                But isn't it the defining quality of a sockie to be deliberately hostile and provocative?

Mere tediousness isn't quite the same thing, however boring or annoying.
                I try to pack it all into one user.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  The problem is not the number of sockies, it's probably the same as it has always been. It's more that there are not enough real posters as the mods have pissed all the regulars off.

Sockies come back, regulars don't.
                  Yes, but you're still here anyway.

As I recall, we fell out over this very issue. You decide that a member was a sockie, when, with my awesome moderator powers, I had found both alledged sockie'a and puppet master's facebook pages, company house entries and linkedin profiles. And they were different people.

But you, with the feeling in your water, knew better.

Now piss off and shut up like a good boy, why don't you. You must respect my authoritah!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X