• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An English man walks into a Glasgow pub...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolton. Summer 2000. "The George" pub, may now be long demolished.

A group of us graddies, high on success after results day, go on a pub crawl and decide to try this always "off-limits" pub (strength in numbers).

Grown men, two bottles of alcopops in hand, dancing to Karaoke. Guy stood at the bar with a plastic bag full of car stereos. This is ~2pm.

One of us goes for a slash. Another guy in there.

"Is this your first time in here?"
    'Yes.'
    "Is it your last?"

Cue tactical withdrawal. "We made our excuses and left" one might say.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      Bolton. Summer 2000. "The George" pub, may now be long demolished.

A group of us graddies, high on success after results day, go on a pub crawl and decide to try this always "off-limits" pub (strength in numbers).

Grown men, two bottles of alcopops in hand, dancing to Karaoke. Guy stood at the bar with a plastic bag full of car stereos. This is ~2pm.

One of us goes for a slash. Another guy in there.

"Is this your first time in here?"
      'Yes.'
      "Is it your last?"

Cue tactical withdrawal. "We made our excuses and left" one might say.
      Still there, not a pub anymore, listed building I think. Was opposite Bolton Great Moor St station, closed 1966 or so. I was a nipper then.

The George was an old mans pub, the Griffin further down was hard, and the Ancient Shep., never been in either.

I got twatted with a pool cue in the Tramways in Blackburn rd, first visit, I’d literally done nothing, but out of order that...

Comment

Working...
      X