• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Alan Sugar tweets picture of Jeremy Corbyn next to Hitler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    fruit bats
    Darmie may well be an irredeemable fruit loop, but he's our fruit loop.

Comment

On the plus side, maybe we'll get Eddie Izzard as Labour leader.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-eddie-izzard
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

... and become the most honest party in British politics, with a comedian as the leader.

Comment

Where does it say that in your links?
          Newsnight, August 8th 2013...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Still seems more Tories and their ilk are antisemtic:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

??

Like every other issue, sex discrimination, racism, etc, society seems to swing from one extreme to another. Real problems are ignored for years and then we suddenly go totally over the top the other way, a brief pat on the arm is sexual harassment, asking for better controls on immigration is racism.

Now this anti-semitism thing is getting a bit daft. No fan of Hamas or Islam in general but I can see their point of view. If any group had been handed a large chunk of the UK because their ancestors lived there 2000 years ago and my grandparents had been chucked out I think I'd be a bit pissed off too. Admittedly attitudes do tend to spill over, but just because someone sympathises more with Palestinians than with Israel does not necessarily make them anti-Semitic. This Holocaust day thing too. Is it really so unreasonable, after 70 years, that we should use the day to remember others who suffered massacres too?

PS Not sure where the real anti-semites get their info from. Personally, I never have a clue which public figures are of Jewish descent as most are integrated and very British. Until today never had a clue that Sugar or Phelps were Jewish.
              PPS Except Claudia Winkelman. Coor. She's lovely!
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

One should be careful about surveys on attitudes because we do not know what questions are being asked. Is this real anti-Semitism or a just a perception of same from a slanted viewpoint?

In any case what people think is their business, it is what they say and do that matters. More important to reality are levels of actual anti-Semitic abuse or attacks. Even then it appears very complex, countries in Western Europe have more of a problem with Muslims and left wingers than right wingers, In Russia it's right wingers.

https://www.hlsenteret.no/publikasjo...ig-versjon.pdf
                bloggoth

Comment

The practice of political philosophy should be without religious influence, donors etc.. hate will always rase its ugly head on both sides in the end. Laterally, if there are those in government who feel they cannot practice a career in politics without the guidance of a sky fairy, they should leave office.
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 1 April 2018, 22:24.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Still seems more Tories and their ilk are antisemtic:

Tories are traditionally linked to being racist, sexist, etc while Labour is traditionally linked to standing up for the minorities the Tories discriminate against.

If Labour turns on any minority who helps make up its party members, elected officials and party donors means the voice of other minorities within it's party are under threat. The fact the party leader deliberately ignores abuse and bigotry from movements and groups affiliated to the Labour party aimed at a religious and ethnic group that is historically linked to the start of persecution of other minorities is concerning not only for the party itself but British politics.

This is why anti-Semitism in Labour is seen as much worse than any anti-Semitism a Tory or UKIP party member, elected official or party donor has.

To be fair there are OAPs who saw the sh*t Labour did in the 1970s and early 80s due to the threats and abuse they received for being moderate party and union members, and said from when Corbyn came in that the Labour party are headed for trouble.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They will have it in for him shortly.

Comment

Working...
                      X