• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toxic 'Greek' Masculinity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxic 'Greek' Masculinity

Why is it they always have two or three days' worth of stubble?

Has anyone ever actually seen an adult Greek guy (not in the process of "transitioning" ) with smoothly shaved chops?

Or maybe it's just Greeks in films.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

They have a history and reputation to uphold:

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've never been to Greece nor a Green Island.

I actually fancy a Greek Island this year, any recs?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
        ve never been to Greece nor a Green Island.

Atlantis
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Has anyone ever actually seen an adult Greek guy (not in the process of "transitioning" ) with smoothly shaved chops?

Says the man with the mutton chopped avatar?

One is always clean shaven, though one's toxic masculinity has drawn comment on occasion. But only from poofters or anarchists and nobody cares what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
            Says the man with the mutton chopped avatar?

One is always clean shaven, though one's toxic masculinity has drawn comment on occasion. But only from poofters or anarchists and nobody cares what they think.
            This - I'm considering the matter closed (having opened it I know...)
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've never been to Greece nor a Green Island.

Are you going to ask every year....?

I know it's getting aslittle late but it appears I'm going to have some time off in Jusy so I thought I'd book myself a holiday somewhere within a 3 hour flight.

I have never been to a Greek Island before, indeed I've never been to mainland Greece either so I thought it would be good to do a Greek Island this year so, yep, a Greek island it is.

Now, I obviously don't want to be going places where I'm going to be encouraged to perform sex acts in public so Falaraki is definitly off the list. Ditto Malia.

I'm thinking somewhere fairly quiet, nice tavernas, a bit of culture. I've heard Zakynthos and Zante are nice. As are bits of Crete away from all the riff raff.

Anyone got any Greek Island recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Are you going to ask every year....?
                Well I didn't go last year because the response from this community was not especially gratifying.

So I'm giving it another go and asking again.

Any recs??

Comment

Well I didn't go last year because the response from this community was not especially gratifying.

So I'm giving it another go and asking again.

Any recs??
                  Lesbos.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yes.

Jesus some people are so thick - some Greeks look like Northern Europeans e.g. you don't know they are Greek until they tell you.

Oh and I've met over guys who grow stubble within a few hours of shaving who don't have Southern European heritage.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X