• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Give the man a medal, don't arrest him...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post

Sarcasm or retarded SJW?
    Sockie

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      He stabbed someone. Twice.

I'm sorry but you've got to have a pretty nasty streak in you to do that whatever the circumstances.
      Can we just ban this absolute dullard, now?

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
      I'd imagine adrenalin takes over and you do whatever is necessary.
      Ignoring the obvious sockie above, people really don't appreciate what it's like when your "fight" reflex truly kicks in.

A few years ago, through absolutely no fault of my own*, I was unceremoniously dragged out of the car I was passenger in by a couple of chavs. The only way I can describe it is that it's like waking from a dream - I remember them approaching the car (TBH, thinking they wouldn't do anything!) and then I 'came to' on top of one with the other begging me to stop hitting him. I felt like my heart was going to explode, and then there was the come down. I HURT - physically, all over - I was shaking, everything ached and I just felt confused.

I did what I had to do, but I can't take any real credit for it - this was pure lizard brain thinking. No plan, no thinking, just survival and an insane amount of adrenaline. Fighting for your life in the middle of the night - I think he did well just to stabbed twice.

*For those who really care, they were cycling the wrong way up a one way street at night with no lights. The female driver inadvertently "cut them up" when pulling out and they took considerable offence.
      Last edited by vwdan; 5 April 2018, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Ignoring the obvious sockie above, people really don't appreciate what it's like when your "fight" reflex truly kicks in.

A few years ago, through absolutely no fault of my own*, I was unceremoniously dragged out of the car I was passenger in by a couple of chavs. The only way I can describe it is that it's like waking from a dream - I remember them approaching the car (TBH, thinking they wouldn't do anything!) and then I 'came to' on top of one with the other begging me to stop hitting him. I felt like my heart was going to explode, and then there was the come down. I HURT - physically, all over - I was shaking, everything ached and I just felt confused.

I did what I had to do, but I can't take any real credit for it - this was pure lizard brain thinking. No plan, no thinking, just survival and an insane amount of adrenaline. Fighting for your life in the middle of the night - I think he did well just to stabbed twice.

*For those who really care, they were cycling the wrong way up a one way street at night with no lights. The female driver inadvertently "cut them up" when pulling out and they took considerable offence.
        Different circumstances, but similar reaction: when I came to I had the guy banged up against a wall about a foot off the ground. Not an experience I want to repeat, to be honest.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

He stabbed someone. Twice.

I'm sorry but you've got to have a pretty nasty streak in you to do that whatever the circumstances.
          What planet are you on.. someone breaks in to his house (two people actually) and threaten him with a screwdriver?

Personal opinion, anyone who attempts burglary is absolutely fair game. Whatever it takes.
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

One thing you always notice when abroad is that buildings and homes are substantially better protected. Shutters, bars, heavy locks etc. Half the homes in the UK can be entered in 30 seconds by snapping crappy euro cylinder locks.

Anyways, hope it gets dropped quick, although there is a good chance there is some progressive in the CPS that will want to pursue it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              ... although there is a good chance there is some progressive in the CPS that will want to pursue it.
              Yep, if these burglars were "persons of colour" (highly unlikely I know), the householder will be going down for ten years!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

You clearly have no control.

Have you considered anger management?

Comment

I must say it doesn't sound a bit like lizard brain thinking. They normally prefer to bask in the sun all day!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No, why would I - I wasn't angry.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Yep, if these burglars were "persons of colour" (highly unlikely I know), the householder will be going down for ten years!
                      One of them was, apparently. He was the one that left his mate dying in the street...

[EDIT] Actually, it seems he was a white male according to later reports. Still abandoned his mate though
                      Last edited by malvolio; 5 April 2018, 11:29.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X