• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory DOOM™: Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is just as the millennials grow up and smell the (probably expensive) coffee that they realise spunking 300 notes a month on a shiny new golf they are never going to own is a tulip idea and it never got them laid anyway.

Just in the friend zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      With all the debt instruments they've invented to allow people to spend now what they hope to receive in the future, I'm surprised there isn't one to put a mortgage style charge on a pension for spending now, so could lease/buy a car paid from future pension payouts.

The attraction would be that (as with the original appeal of interest only mortgages) the current debt would reduce in real terms over a few decades, if we ever went back to non-'emergency' levels of interest rates and wage inflation that is.
      Quite. I'm over 55 so I could take 25% tax free if I wanted to but that's not part of my strategy.

My point being (as I'm sure you knew), is that higher tax is not good for the overall economy.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Maybe it is just as the millennials grow up and smell the (probably expensive) coffee that they realise spunking 300 notes a month on a shiny new golf they are never going to own is a tulip idea and it never got them laid anyway.

Just in the friend zone.
        Cars always got me laid. Let's face it not much else would...
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Cars always got me laid. Let's face it not much else would...
          Using your car to cruise for ladies of the night does not count really....

but....

Comment

Working...
          X