• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But to be serious a minute....

IF the reality is as you describe, I share the "bugger off and leave them to it" option, having explained to the client why you are doing so. We don't need that level of grief and we are better off looking for the next gig than dragging out a dead one. Ignore the money side, it will level out in time anyway and you have to look after your own business. If that buggers up their project, that's their problem to resolve, not yours.

It might also wake up the client to the deeper problem. For example, if you said something to upset some other snowflake, the time to do something about was then, not four weeks later.

They've not show you any respect. No reason for you to show them any.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      In his world the concept of arses and elbows remains a mystery...
      Yeh, all that frucht schnaps can make one forget when one last seen either of those

Comment

Tell them you are unable to deliver training as it is outside the scope of the terms of your engagement and this would invalidate your insurance. Quote them your usual grand a day to do training with a 50% arsehole supplement if certain named members of the permanent staff are participating and a 100% cunt supplement if a certain contractor is participating.

Comment

And put in a subject access request to see if they have put down anything interesting about you in an email.

Comment

NLYUK has this one.

Don’t be bullied. **** ‘em. Just make sure they know why.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

4 weeks notice

Some great suggestions there. He sounds like an arse!!

Comment

I love you all, trolls and all. Thanks so much I feel a whole lot better now and ready to face the next couple of weeks. I'll definitely use some of those suggestions. Thank you xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by LHM View Post
                  I love you all, trolls and all. Thanks so much I feel a whole lot better now and ready to face the next couple of weeks. I'll definitely use some of those suggestions. Thank you xxxx
                  Busted!! You posted your Lucy53 response using your LHM user name before editing it....

Originally posted by Lucy53 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    In his world the concept of arses and elbows remains a mystery...
                    In the words of JBJ, “it’s all the same, only the names have changed...”
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Why a slotted spoon? - is this some reference to an occult mod ritual involving squirrels, chickens, aprons and slotted spoons? - with the occasional cyclist thrown in?
                      No, what makes you think that?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X