• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain's ugliest towns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harlow and Basingstoke.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I looked at most of those pictures and thought "That's.. oh no it isn't" Fact is, many town centres look pretty much the same. As most people only go there to shop, not sure it matters.

Yep, having contracted all over the place in the UK it's easier to remember the towns that aren't 'all the same' crappy modern architecture with high streets dominated by charity shops, bookies and other national chain stores.

Originating from the north west I can guarantee there are endless towns up there that are now tulipholes that make that top 10 look good. Sad really, but inevitable when the mills, mines, and local industry died off to be replaced with immigrants scratting about on minimum wage alongside all the work shy benefit lifestylers playing the game the government allows. Too much poverty to allow the old independent businesses that used to give each town an individual character much chance to prosper legitimately.

The towns aren't going to improve substantially while that continues. Automation and citizens income may be the only saviour. Plus some new building styles that get away from the dull standard, though with 3d 'printed' construction not sure it will result in much better than the concrete behemoths that have blighted many a town and city. Maybe they'll have more curves, lots of things look better with curves.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Yep, my hometown always features in these awards

Comment

It's reassuring to see that most of the places I associate with hemorrhoids made the list. But they got it slightly wrong. Truly bottom of the heap HAS to be Cumbernauld. By a mile. Curiously, Runcorn is missing off the list though. A true example of hemorrhoids style 1960's "architecture".
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            It's reassuring to see that most of the places I associate with hemorrhoids made the list. But they got it slightly wrong. Truly bottom of the heap HAS to be Cumbernauld. By a mile. Curiously, Runcorn is missing off the list though. A true example of hemorrhoids style 1960's "architecture".
            The centre of Cumbernauld is diabolical. Their are some nice parts though.

Comment

Surpised me own home town of Dagenham doesn't make that list.

Ain't you never been dahn the 'eefway?

Comment

Skelmersdale.

Comment

Working...
                X