• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danbro - Oh dear oh dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Anyone else use these as an umbrella?

Got to be fair they've been pretty good UNTIL LAST WEEK. For some reason, they decided to upgrade their systems the weekend before the bank holiday (seemed like a bad idea with the upcoming long weekend and financial year end).

Looks like they made a complete mess of it. No payments etc that week. Unfortunately, it seems to have had a pretty bad effect on them and they do appear to be struggling to cope with it.
    Worryingly, they've missed an entire weeks payment of mine and still can't seem to get any sense out of them.

Anyone thinking of umbrella I'd avoid danbro for now if I was you.... At least until they get themselves sorted.
    Should have got some proper TAs in to test it then, shouldnt they?

Oh and imvho, they're crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Well, in my experience, they may as well be. Because as a firm of accountants, they are simply fu**ing hopeless.
      I can quite believe. As an umbrella I don't know how you can screw up - after all its just running a payroll service basically. Last two weeks they've been clueless since they had a system problem - spent hours explaining what they'd done wrong etc.

Then they'd promise it was sorted and payment was being made today. Then it didn't happen. Next day the whole circle would start again.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

But will the Bright House collections man believe you when you explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
          For some sense of balance I have to say both myself and a colleague use them and they've been great, so I would take this with a pinch of salt.
          Me too and no complaints so far. They do everything on time and although they have a team of people who work on his accounts, my accountant has been available to talk to whenever I've phoned up.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            Me too and no complaints so far. They do everything on time and although they have a team of people who work on his accounts, my accountant has been available to talk to whenever I've phoned up.
            This is the umbrella service I use mind...
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I can quite believe. As an umbrella I don't know how you can screw up - after all its just running a payroll service basically. Last two weeks they've been clueless since they had a system problem - spent hours explaining what they'd done wrong etc.

Then they'd promise it was sorted and payment was being made today. Then it didn't happen. Next day the whole circle would start again.
              They have their best people working on your problem right now....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                But will the Bright House collections man believe you when you explain?
                Nobody would be inhumane enough to repo a telly off someone while their Jeremy Kyle episode is on air.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Nobody would be inhumane enough to repo a telly off someone while their Jeremy Kyle episode is on air.
                  I'm imagining this in Welsh!

oh I hadn't realised that the Guy on the lawn (I'm thinking it was inspired by NAT) plays Monroe on Grimm!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I thought Dan Bro was your Jamaican half brother, from when your mum used to clean the toilets at the west indian community centre.

Comment

I bet you deliver bug free code day in and day out. Have you considered a permie gig? Make sure you delete your CUK account after.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X