• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Expensive Quiche

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Expensive Quiche

There was a little shindig at my local pub on Saturday night in aid of the Sunshine bus.

There was a quiz and a buffet was laid on. As it happens, at the end of the evening there was one large cheese and broccoli quiche surplus to requirements so it was decided to auction it off and give the proceeds to the charity.

Anything for charity & I'm normally well in there so it all kicks off with lots of bids all around the sub £10 mark after which the men are soon separated from the boys & there's about 5 of us giving each other the eye as the bids got to £30 & we're all looking at each other thinking how mad is this going to get...

Anyway, there's this one fellow who thinks he's a bit further up the pecking order than anyone else and I'm like I don't want him thinking I ain't got no manny so it ends up the two of us standing up to see who's gonna blink first.

He finally sat down when the bid got to £155.

Don't think he thinks he's such a big hitter now
    Last edited by Smeeton A Quiet Boy; 9 April 2018, 11:36.

You made up a story about paying £150 for a poofs pizza?

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
      X