• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the limited company expenses deadline?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the limited company expenses deadline?

Hi,

I have a limited company and I was never quite clear on when the deadline was for purchasing business assets for expense purposes....

Is it based on your company's year-end date (in my case, 30 June) or is it based on the fiscal year-end - 5 April?

So if I wanted to buy a new computer before the end of the current year, which date would be the latest I could make this purchase to come under the year's expenses?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by creativecontractor View Post
    Hi,

I have a limited company and I was never quite clear on when the deadline was for purchasing business assets for expense purposes....

Is it based on your company's year-end date (in my case, 30 June) or is it based on the fiscal year-end - 5 April?

So if I wanted to buy a new computer before the end of the current year, which date would be the latest I could make this purchase to come under the year's expenses?

Thanks in advance.
    Do you have an accountant? First step is to ask them.

Secondly do you work through a limited company?

Thirdly if your post isn't a wind up why have you started a thread in General? Unless you are having serious personal issues DO NOT put posts that aren't serious in General. Your post actually belongs in the accounting forum.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How do people get this far without an accountant??
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        How do people get this far without an accountant??
        How is easy. Why is the real question.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Thirdly if your post isn't a wind up why have you started a thread in General? Unless you are having serious personal issues DO NOT put posts that aren't serious in General. Your post actually belongs in the accounting forum.
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Firstly my accountant is away at the moment and it's a question I needed answering quickly. Hence me asking on what I thought was an open and friendly forum.

Secondly and lastly - you must be having serious personal issues to get so wound up about where I accidentally posted this question.

You clearly live on CUK and have nothing better to do than to get your undies in a twist about a genuinely innocent mistake someone has made posting to your beloved forum.

Nice avatar too, good luck with your drinking problem. I bet you're being "ironic" right Sue Ellen?

Comment

oh dear. The mind boggles. Do you wipe your own arse or does your mother help with that? (still in General aren't we?)

There isn't a deadline as such. It's an expense. You either need to spend it for business purposes or you don't.

It will be calculated against P&L in the business tax year.

So if my business needs to buy a new computer when would I do this to make sure I avoid as much tax as possible
            FTFY

The invoice date needs to be on or before 30th June (assuming that you do know your year end).
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hence me asking on what I thought was an open and friendly forum.
              One has heard that phrase somewhere else recently. Funny enough, that was from another pant pisser who'd asked a f^cktard question too. How very coincidental.

Comment

Shout out to Contractor UK for having the most bored keyboard warriors concentrated in one place.

I guess I've been too busy actually working as a contractor than spending my life fretting about what is the appropriate location for a forum post.

Enjoy your trolling!

Comment

Shout out to Contractor UK for having the most bored keyboard warriors concentrated in one place.

I guess I've been too busy actually working as a contractor than spending my life fretting about what is the appropriate location for a forum post.

Enjoy your trolling!
                  I haven't been doing this lark for all that long mate but my understanding is it's your company's year end.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    oh dear. The mind boggles. Do you wipe your own arse or does your mother help with that? (still in General aren't we?)

There isn't a deadline as such. It's an expense. You either need to spend it for business purposes or you don't.

It will be calculated against P&L in the business tax year.

FTFY

The invoice date needs to be on or before 30th June (assuming that you do know your year end).

Wow you lot sure are classy.

So you insult and then answer the question anyway? Talk about confused passive aggressive.

I'm sorry your penis is so microscopic that your have to resort to insults to make yourself feel really big, but hey if you spend less time wanking on here and more time contracting (like me) you might be able to afford a penis extension.
                    Last edited by creativecontractor; 9 April 2018, 13:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X