• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bumped a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumped a car

So only expecting a few semi sensible suggestions and as the title suggests I bumped a parked car as I was trying to manoeuvre out of a tight parking spot on a very small road. No visible damage on either car - it was night tho. Most likely like my well arch hit their bumper but hard to say.

So as there was no damage I left without leaving my details (new driver and didn't know you had to leave details for every little bump).

Am I right in thinking that I should have left my details?

VC

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    So only expecting a few semi sensible suggestions and as the title suggests I bumped a parked car as I was trying to manoeuvre out of a tight parking spot on a very small road. No visible damage on either car - it was night tho. Most likely like my well arch hit their bumper but hard to say.

So as there was no damage I left without leaving my details (new driver and didn't know you had to leave details for every little bump).

VC
    Was it AtW's motor?

Comment

It is a criminal offence to hit and run. If the owner of the other car calls in the police you are going to be in big trouble. Kiss goodbye to any future job prospects.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

What did your parking sensor say?

Comment

what does the highway code say?
          You presumably have a copy less than 20 years old don't you?

It's OK. If you get arrested, the phrase you use is 'sorry. I never noticed. I was far too baked to feel anything'.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            It is a criminal offence to hit and run. If the owner of the other car calls in the police you are going to be in big trouble. Kiss goodbye to any future job prospects.
            The old man says he will wait.

Comment

Your security clearance will now likely be revoked.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post

VC
                If there was no damage, what are you obsessing about?

I "bump" parked cars all the time, but if there's no damage, and no outraged occupant leaps out, then I just drive off

(Actually I drive off even faster if an irate occupant jumps out! )
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Beware I did this once in tesco express carpark. My fault reversed out and clipped it - 50p size dent. Person was sat in car and didnt even notice I'd hit it so I tapped on window and owned up.

Next thing I know - insurance company tell me shes claimed for whiplash. £5000 or so they paid out. Dull thing was insurance company weren't interested - I told them it was fraudulent and there was CCTV but they didn't care.

In the end, when I realised a claim for £500 or one for £5500 inc personal injury made same odds to my insurance premium I gave up.

Still annoying this scummer made £5K for nothing though....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    If there was no damage, what are you obsessing about?

I "bump" parked cars all the time, but if there's no damage, and no outraged occupant leaps out, then I just drive off

(Actually I drive off even faster if an irate occupant jumps out! )
                    Have you considered learning to drive instead, FFS? I don't think I've bumped a car in the best part of a decade.

Comment

Working...
                    X