• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone actually claimed for PPI yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure I never had it, but have just filled out forms for Lloyds, Barclays and Halifax.

Pretty sure Mr ms has had it, but he's too lazy to fill out the forms!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      ... people selling the loans/credit cards were ticking "yes" boxes for the PPI even if you said no, as they were threatened with the sack if they didn't. ...
      Indeed. Even if you don't think you had PPI and there's no mention of it on the paperwork it's still worth checking.

Handy up to date info on MoneySavingExpert site.

Includes a section about how to calculate if your monthly repayments probably included some form of PPI based on the rate you should have paid without it.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Pretty sure I never had it, but have just filled out forms for Lloyds, Barclays and Halifax.

Pretty sure Mr ms has had it, but he's too lazy to fill out the forms!
        Did the same and some other digging for myself and nada. Tried to get my other half who's had financial problems due to an ex to do it but she refused and didn't think they ever had it. Found some old loan agreement paperwork stuffed away when we moved, rang them, filled a from in and just over 8k better off. Bargain!! It was very black and white for her as her husband wasn't even eligible so complete miss-sell. Not sure how easy it is if the situation isn't as black and white.

If there is even a doubt it's worth doing a bit of ringing round IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          ... Pretty sure Mr ms has had it, but he's too lazy to fill out the forms!
          Do it for him. You can charge him commission if you like.

That MoneySavingExpert link in my previous post also mentions you can put in claims for deceased relatives as any money refunded goes to their estate.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Did the same and some other digging for myself and nada. Tried to get my other half who's had financial problems due to an ex to do it but she refused and didn't think they ever had it. Found some old loan agreement paperwork stuffed away when we moved, rang them, filled a from in and just over 8k better off. Bargain!! It was very black and white for her as her husband wasn't even eligible so complete miss-sell. Not sure how easy it is if the situation isn't as black and white.

If there is even a doubt it's worth doing a bit of ringing round IMO.
            Did she send him his share of the cash?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
              Did she send him his share of the cash?
              What cash?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Do it for him. You can charge him commission if you like.

That MoneySavingExpert link in my previous post also mentions you can put in claims for deceased relatives as any money refunded goes to their estate.
                Yep - I did that for my mum, but didn't get anywhere, and it was a lot more complicated - long forms and death certificates. I think she had credit card protection rather than PPI and that's expired for claims.

Comment

Surprised by some big figures quoted on CUK. Maybe I ought to get round to it, if I can be arsed.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    What cash?
                    That's the spirit

Comment

Awesome thread - thought I'd be stuffed for a claim as shredded paperwork years ago, but have given the PPI checks a go anyway..

Lets see what happens
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X