• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US, UK and France Attack Syria in preemptive defence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The Brexiteers will be worried that the stronger pound will harm the Empire 2.0 jam, tea and biscuit export strategy.
    We can redouble our efforts to supply the booming internal market for romper suits and comfort blankets.

Comment

This weekend I had a Gin and Tonic

I had a nice hot shower after a days gardening.

I then took a crystal glass out of my glass cabinet, took ice from the ice machine and grabbed a bottle of tonic from the full size fridge and mixed it with Gin from the liquor cabinet.

It was a little nippy so I fired up the central heating. I was feeling lazy so popped some leftovers in the microwave, and settled down to watch a movie on my leather couch. I then went to bed in my queen size bed, remembering to chuck my plates in the dishwasher.

I was gently woken up by the Sonos in the morning, and watched the news (the satellite dish having locked on to a satelllite carrying BBC news).

Pretty average evening then. Apart from the fact that I did this in a ******* caravan. When I was a kid we had a Ci Sprite. It was hell.

If I had had this thing when I was contracting in my 20s & 30s, I would have spent a lot less time in hotels, that much is for sure. Nowdays it may seem naff, but image aside it would make a lot of sense.

Comment

A PM without a majority has just bypassed parliamentary democracy and defied public opinion to join the most unpopular US president in history in attacking another country without even presenting the evidence.

This isn’t just an attack on Syria, it’s an attack on democracy.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          We can redouble our efforts to supply the booming internal market for romper suits and comfort blankets.
          Or you can support the increased sales of weapons and chemicals into the middle east if that's your preference.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            A PM without a majority has just bypassed parliamentary democracy and defied public opinion to join the most unpopular US president in history in attacking another country without even presenting the evidence.

This isn’t just an attack on Syria, it’s an attack on democracy.
            And risked a direct confrontation with Russia and WW3. Also launching the missiles hours before the OPCW were due to arrive and start investigating said incident.

This is a good read
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              And risked a direct confrontation with Russia and WW3. Also launching the missiles hours before the OPCW were due to arrive and start investigating said incident.

This is a good read
              From Putin's top toady, Rob Slane! I'll give it a miss.

Comment

Been listening to LBC the last few days and it's depressing to hear the hosts keep parroting the party line and shutting down and ridiculing all of the (many) 'non-believers' who keep calling in.

Except for Farage on Sunday morning - he's a useful idiot, I'm surprised they let him do his show.

This morning they are talking about full on panic mode about some revenge Russian cyber-attack whipping up all kinds of speculation on on what they might do.

2 examples of questions they couldn't answer so they just ridiculed then cut off the caller were:

1. If the poison administered to the Skripals was 'slow release' how come the policeman who found them was affected immediately?

2. Didn't the OPCW declare the Syrian government compliant in having no chemical weapons in the last year or so? And hasn't it been proven that there are chemical weapons in Syria that have been used by the rebels/ISIS?

This morning they were talking about fake news and disinformation 'warfare' as part of this impending cyber attack.

They're getting desperate...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

From Putin's top toady, Rob Slane! I'll give it a miss.
                  yawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    yawn
                    Why don't you **** off to a pro-Russia site, if you're so easily bored?

Comment

Why don't you **** off to a pro-Russia site, if you're so easily bored?
                      Why don't you stick to bumming cats?

Comment

Working...
                      X