• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US, UK and France Attack Syria in preemptive defence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I had a nice hot shower after a days gardening.

I then took a crystal glass out of my glass cabinet, took ice from the ice machine and grabbed a bottle of tonic from the full size fridge and mixed it with Gin from the liquor cabinet.

It was a little nippy so I fired up the central heating. I was feeling lazy so popped some leftovers in the microwave, and settled down to watch a movie on my leather couch. I then went to bed in my queen size bed, remembering to chuck my plates in the dishwasher.

I was gently woken up by the Sonos in the morning, and watched the news (the satellite dish having locked on to a satelllite carrying BBC news).

Pretty average evening then. Apart from the fact that I did this in a ******* caravan. When I was a kid we had a Ci Sprite. It was hell.

If I had had this thing when I was contracting in my 20s & 30s, I would have spent a lot less time in hotels, that much is for sure. Nowdays it may seem naff, but image aside it would make a lot of sense.

what caravan have you got have you got a picture

I'd like a caravan but the mrs isn't convinced and we spend about a grand on weekend hotels hence from the business case perspective the caravan would pay for itself in a few years

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Or you can support the increased sales of weapons and chemicals into the middle east if that's your preference.
      Another option is that we boost our fledgling internal market for EU leotards, perhaps by offering discount public transport to Parliament Square.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        what caravan have you got have you got a picture

I'd like a caravan but the mrs isn't convinced and we spend about a grand on weekend hotels hence from the business case perspective the caravan would pay for itself in a few years

Milan.
        Slightly off topic for this thread.

I bought an 8 month old Tabbert Cellini Slide-Out on a permenant site. Went out to buy something cheap, ended up getting this at a 25k ish discount from a bankrupt couple. It is very different from how you could possibly imaging caravaning to be. I will be very comfortable this race season.

Stock photo.

Comment

ooh I wouldn't want a static

I have my house for that

the mrs wins though, a touring caravan struggles to beat being able to stay in the old town areas of Rome, Vienna, etc etc

Milan.

Comment

I have my house for that

the mrs wins though, a touring caravan struggles to beat being able to stay in the old town areas of Rome, Vienna, etc etc

Milan.
            Its not a static. It is a 3500kg towable monster.

Comment

I have my house for that

Milan.
              Drive a caravan around Italy? That's brave!
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Its not a static. It is a 3500kg towable monster.

now you're talking

that's the way to do it

what's the insurance value of something like that

Milan.

Comment

now you're talking

that's the way to do it

what's the insurance value of something like that

Milan.
                  80k ish new depending on how you spec it. I didn't have that choice as I bought it second hand.

You need a truck to tow them in the UK though.

Comment

80k ish new depending on how you spec it. I didn't have that choice as I bought it second hand.

You need a truck to tow them in the UK though.

Q7, Disco, Shogun et al will pull 3.5 tons

The interior is smart

crikey 80k for a caravan, prices have gone up eh

Milan.

Comment

Q7, Disco, Shogun et al will pull 3.5 tons

The interior is smart

crikey 80k for a caravan, prices have gone up eh

Milan.
                      I am not sure of the current laws, but it is legislation to do with the width from memory. Take that with a pinch of salt. Times may have changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X