• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the garden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting on my man* to do all this.

The damn bolshy has been neglecting his duties, I really must have a word.

qh

*father-in-law
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

2nd year the apples & pears are in the ground. Hopefully I will get some decent fruit this year.

Whilst I fancy cider when we get up to 6 trees this year I will be happy with eaters (Royal Gala) & Cookers (Bramleys) plus conference pears. I have some Keelies as well.

We have red gooseberries & Blackcurrants that don't make it past the "little people".

Micro V & I planted out the veg in seed trays, we should have some plants soon. French beans, spinach peas, Cauliflower & various herbs. Honestly far better ground use than potatoes. I might try some spud tubs this year again. Last house suffered from Slugs.

If you really want cider pop down to Lidl & buy 69p /Litre apple juice it makes pretty good Turbo cider. I normally have a demijohn going in the summer.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bought some more Agent Orange.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          2nd year the apples & pears are in the ground. Hopefully I will get some decent fruit this year.

Whilst I fancy cider when we get up to 6 trees this year I will be happy with eaters (Royal Gala) & Cookers (Bramleys) plus conference pears. I have some Keelies as well.

We have red gooseberries & Blackcurrants that don't make it past the "little people".

Micro V & I planted out the veg in seed trays, we should have some plants soon. French beans, spinach peas, Cauliflower & various herbs. Honestly far better ground use than potatoes. I might try some spud tubs this year again. Last house suffered from Slugs.

If you really want cider pop down to Lidl & buy 69p /Litre apple juice it makes pretty good Turbo cider. I normally have a demijohn going in the summer.

the goodstuff lidl apple juice is beautiful

how do you make turbo cider ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            the goodstuff lidl apple juice is beautiful

how do you make turbo cider ?

Milan.
            Depends how much work you want to put in. At a basic level just buy 5l of apple juice (not sugar free), add cider yeast (or champagne yeast) and watch it in a demijohn for a couple of weeks.

A quick google gives this recipe, which is a bit more fancy as it adds a cup of tea for the tannins...
            https://countryskillsblog.com/2012/0...-this-at-home/
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Depends how much work you want to put in. At a basic level just buy 5l of apple juice (not sugar free), add cider yeast (or champagne yeast) and watch it in a demijohn for a couple of weeks.

A quick google gives this recipe, which is a bit more fancy as it adds a cup of tea for the tannins...
              https://countryskillsblog.com/2012/0...-this-at-home/
              thanks

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Bought some more Agent Orange.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
                To be fair, my garden looks like the USAF just bombed the hell out of it. I have a bay tree that survived, and that's about it.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Until the weekend it was winter - pruned the apple trees and planted some bare-root trees but that's it.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just remembered another line of plants I have - a hedge made up of hawthorn and blackthorn. The blackthorn is currently in bloom so hopefully we will have a good crop of sloes again this year.
                    I need to get out and shape the hedge, but will wait until summer for that.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Just remembered another line of plants I have - a hedge made up of hawthorn and blackthorn. The blackthorn is currently in bloom so hopefully we will have a good crop of sloes again this year.
                      I need to get out and shape the hedge, but will wait until summer for that.
                      Aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

You've just reminded me of the joys of trimming 100 yards of blackthorn hedge as planted by my grandfather to keep the cattle from eating the plants in the garden.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X