• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May Has Really Screwed Up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    You don't get it do you. May knew the night before exactly what had happened. She then made the statement, knowing it would be reported, and then retracted it 30 minutes later. All of this whilst crying crocodile tears that she was sorry.

Theresa May in action
    No, you don't get it.

If it was under a Lab government, then they could/should have known - they just didn't bother to fact-check before trying to use it as a political football.
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      No, you don't get it.

If it was under a Lab government, then they could/should have known - they just didn't bother to fact-check before trying to use it as a political football.
      Ok let me spell it out for you.

1. 2009 the border force takes a decision to destroy the landing card. Import bit here is Labour is in power.
      2. 2010/2011/whenever the landing cards are destroyed.

TM was very careful to say UNDER a Labour government, specifically not BY a Labour government.
      She knew exactly what had happened and wanted to get it into the public domain that Labour was at fault here, not her or the Tories.

Do you think that when the landing cards were destroyed nobody at all said 'do we still want to do this ?'

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        Ok let me spell it out for you.

1. 2009 the border force takes a decision to destroy the landing card. Import bit here is Labour is in power.
        2. 2010/2011/whenever the landing cards are destroyed.

TM was very careful to say UNDER a Labour government, specifically not BY a Labour government.
        She knew exactly what had happened and wanted to get it into the public domain that Labour was at fault here, not her or the Tories.

Do you think that when the landing cards were destroyed nobody at all said 'do we still want to do this ?'
        Do you think that when Labour were in government and the UKBF made the decision, it was with the intention of deporting people? I suspect not. Was it a major issue that should have been considered at the time? Probably not.
        When the decision was made to deport, was the question asked about the people whose landing cards had been destroyed? I suspect not. Should that have been a major issue at the time? Yes.
        Who made the decision to deport? That's the question that should be asked, rather than the usual twisting/deflecting of arguments that happens here a lot.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Do you think that when Labour were in government and the UKBF made the decision, it was with the intention of deporting people? I suspect not. Was it a major issue that should have been considered at the time? Probably not.
          When the decision was made to deport, was the question asked about the people whose landing cards had been destroyed? I suspect not. Should that have been a major issue at the time? Yes.
          Who made the decision to deport? That's the question that should be asked, rather than the usual twisting/deflecting of arguments that happens here a lot.
          I totally agree. My point was about the cynical way May tried to deflect whilst she was channelling Thatcher in PMQs.

Comment

Working...
          X