• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blame it on the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I had a madras curry last night, this morning there was a terrible smell in the bedroom. That'll be the Russians I told the missus.
    Glad to see the thread back on track. There is no tissue paper left for drying up in clientco kitchen - I blame the Russians and insiste we bomb an oil rich Middle east country immediately!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I had a madras curry last night, this morning there was a terrible smell in the bedroom. That'll be the Russians I told the missus.
      A chemical weapon of sorts, I'm sure...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Glad to see the thread back on track. There is no tissue paper left for drying up in clientco kitchen - I blame the Russians and insiste we bomb an oil rich Middle east country immediately!
        You are an ignorant twat. Syria doesn't have oil. Don't let that stop you ranting though.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          You are an ignorant twat. Syria doesn't have oil. Don't let that stop you ranting though.
          Said with such conviction...

The petroleum industry in Syria forms a major part of the economy of Syria. According to the International Monetary Fund, oil sales for 2010 were projected to generate $3.2 billion for the Syrian government and account for 25.1% of the state's revenue.[1]

Syria is a relatively small oil producer, accounting for just 0.5 percent of the global production in 2010,[2][3] falling to less than 0.05% by 2016.[4] Although Syria is not a major oil exporter by Middle Eastern standards, oil is a major pillar of the economy.
          Syria is the only significant crude oil producing country in the Eastern Mediterranean region, which includes Jordan, Lebanon, Israel and the Palestinian territories. According to the Oil and Gas Journal, Syria had 2,500,000,000 barrels (400,000,000 m3) of petroleum reserves as of 1 January 2010.[5] Syria's known oil reserves are mainly in the eastern part of the country in the Deir ez-Zor Governorate near its border with Iraq and along the Euphrates River; a number of smaller fields are located in the center of the country.[6] In 2010, Syria produced around 385,000 barrels (61,200 m3) per day of crude oil.[1][3] Oil production has stabilized after falling for a number of years, and is poised to turn around as new fields come on line. In 2008, Syria produced 5.3 billion cubic metres (1.9×1011 cu ft) of natural gas, and two years later in 2010, it increased production to 5.3 m3 (190 cu ft).[7] While much of its oil is exported to Europe, Syria's natural gas is used in reinjection for enhanced oil recovery and for domestic electricity generation.[5]
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrol...ustry_in_Syria
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            We'll worry about that when we do.
            But he has a mince analogy that he'd like to share with Jog On...

Comment

OK, Syria doesn't have enough oil to export, in contrast to Iraq, which does. It's not exactly oil rich, in other words. You were alluding to "they've got oil, so let's 'ave it". It doesn't change the fact that you mostly talk a load of bollox.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                OK *snip*
                Thanks - now **** off

Comment

I think i read Assad is blocking and oil pipeline across Syria from Qatar to supply Europe which would dent exports to EU from, wait for it, Russia with its leaky old infra...

Comment

Can't even blame the dog these days....

Comment

Thanks - now **** off
                      Normally those with limited intellect try to hide that fact, and you've done quite well up to now. Jog Off now, will you...

Comment

Working...
                      X