• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blame it on the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame it on the Russians

It seems we have a catch all excuse for pretty much anything - how can we exploit this?

I forgot to set up my council tax standing order due the the council's 10 month installment thing. I'm thinking of just not paying it and blaming it on Putin somehow.

IR35? - I'm sure we can get Vlad to take the rap for that - 'Russians hacked my agency and changed my contract'

Anything else? I'm thinking wide scale get out of jail free card here.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

That's classic RT propaganda talking point - pick up ridiculous irrelevant things "to blame on Russians" in order to shift attention from horrific war crimes commited by the state owned by KGB.

About time CUK resisted this propaganda points posted by Russia's useful idiots like Jog On - ban 'em all.

Comment

I was late for a client meeting today at their other site, I think I went through a mobile speed camera at warp speed.

No doubt the camera or software is made in friggin Russia

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I was late for a client meeting today at their other site, I think I went through a mobile speed camera at warp speed.

No doubt the camera or software is made in friggin Russia
        Are you sure they didn't hack you and change the meeting time just to cause some chaos and instability?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That's classic RT propaganda talking point - pick up ridiculous irrelevant things "to blame on Russians" in order to shift attention from horrific war crimes commited by the state owned by KGB.

About time CUK resisted this propaganda points posted by Russia's useful idiots like Jog On - ban 'em all.
          You keep fighting the good fight - Theresa and Bojo thank you for your service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            It seems we have a catch all excuse for pretty much anything - how can we exploit this?

I forgot to set up my council tax standing order due the the council's 10 month installment thing. I'm thinking of just not paying it and blaming it on Putin somehow.

IR35? - I'm sure we can get Vlad to take the rap for that - 'Russians hacked my agency and changed my contract'

Anything else? I'm thinking wide scale get out of jail free card here.
            Don't take it personally. It's Putin who we blame for the illegal occupation of Crimea and Assad's war crimes. We don't hold cringing toadies like you personally responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Don't take it personally. It's Putin who we blame for the illegal occupation of Crimea and Assad's war crimes. We don't hold cringing toadies like you personally responsible.
              You blame Putin for Assad's war crimes? So is Assad off the hook now?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                You blame Putin for Assad's war crimes? So is Assad off the hook now?
                Do you understand the idea that more than one person can be responsible for a crime? If so, work out the rest for yourself. If not, consult St Petersburg for guidance.

Comment

Where's sasguru when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Where's sasguru when you need him?
                    We'll worry about that when we do.

Comment

Working...
                    X