• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stand down: Moscow has ‘irrefutable’ evidence chem attack in Syria’s Douma was staged

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    To what end? To scare off the remaining dying rebels? Fairly certain the Russian people don't wish to be associated with an ally that is complicit in killing children, yet here we are. Russia is a failed state and another problem that can be sorted out later. Syria on the other hand...

Why did France, UK and the US (FUKUS) bomb Syria before the inspectors could get to Douma and find out the facts?

Before Russian went into Syria the West had an opportunity to join forces in coordinated sorties attacking the rebels. Instead Rebels seem to be fighting each other with US / UK equipment. The whole thing stinks.
    Since when did the Russian people actually have a choice in the matter?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Since when did the Russian people actually have a choice in the matter?
      Like I said before, it's a failed state.

And did the people of the UK have a choice in the matter when deciding to attack Syria without recalling parliament to vote on the matter?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And did the people of the UK have a choice in the matter when deciding to attack Syria without recalling parliament to vote on the matter?
        Some of us bothered to stay behind so we have the right to complain or not. You, on the other hand, couldn't wait to f**k off to a more desirable homeland, and we dearly await the moment you can't wait to f**k off from here...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So predictable.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So predictable.
            Indeed you are. Next...

Comment

Yes. They had that say when they voted in the last GE and May became president for life PM.

Or would you have preferred a referendum on the issue?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Recent British governments have dragged the electorate into conflict after conflict and clearly was nothing to do with self defence. Terrorism being the result instead, Mi5 said as much not long ago, we've brought more problems for ourselves.

A PM operating without a majority government, without recalling parliament to vote on going to war, without UN approval. Isn't this what we call a dictatorship?! Do as I do not as I say. Scary times.

Comment

without UN approval.
                  The Russians would veto any action. As they have repeatedly throughout the last 7 years. You'd rather Putin dictated USA/UK/French foreign policy, rather than our elected leaders ( who you may or may not like, but that's not relevant).

Isn't this what we call a dictatorship?! Do as I do not as I say. Scary times.
                  No, that's what we call "Intervention", dictatorships look more like Syria or Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    The Russians would veto any action. As they have repeatedly throughout the last 7 years. You'd rather Putin dictated USA/ .
                    That's the most ridiculous thing I've read. The USA has thrown its weight around for the last several decades without the concern of any country / leader. And it shows no intention of changing that approach. That country has easily spilt more blood around that world than any other. And our government sucks its nipples for fear of consequences.

Russia might have a large Army, impressive numbers of tanks and aircraft, but much is obsolete and ageing in decay. Their aircraft carrier must be towed around for it breaks down every 5 minutes. It quality not quantity the counts.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 17 April 2018, 10:42.

Comment

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read. The USA has thrown its weight around for the last several decades without the concern of any country / leader. And it shows no intention of changing that approach. That country has easily spilt more blood around that world than any other. And our government sucks its nipples for fear of consequences.

Russia might have a large Army, impressive numbers of tanks and aircraft, but much is obsolete and ageing in decay. Their aircraft carrier must be towed around for it breaks down every 5 minutes. It quality not quantity the counts.

Comment

Working...
                      X